Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther PPQ Trigger Return Spring

Lubecktech

This weekend I shot a PPQ which was set up for IDPA and had a VERY nice 3.75 lb trigger - not mushy and still had the great reset. The owner said the only thing he did was modify the factory spring (part 16 on the Walther schematic) to reduce it's weight. I contacted Wolff who said the don't have any plans for springs for the PPQ. Anyone have any other ideas for sources for springs with which I could experiment???

Get a bulk spring pack from home Depot and that will get you what you want. If you Google ppq trigger job there will be a forum that has a picture of the pack. It's orange in color and has a number of different springs.

Thanks Vixy for your reply!!

Been there, done that and got the T shirt!

I have seen the information to which you refer and have the that kit.

The spring that fellow uses produce a 2.5lb trigger (too light for me) with a very poor reset and none of the other springs in that kit are suitable in that they are too light or too heavy. Lowes also has a kit which I bought a few years ago and have gotten some springs which have worked well gor Glocks but no joy for this situation. Probably I am going to order some springs from a company called Century Spring Corp and experiment with them. Plus I am going to check with SpringCo USA who mainly makes recoil recducing systems and might offer some help. As always I am appreciative of any input I can get!!!

Edited by Lubecktech

I cut a few coils of the spring I used because the pull was a little to light feeling. I don't have the gun anymore but the close friend I sold it to still loves it and ended up buying a 40 version that I also put the same spring in. Basically cut one coil at a time until it feels right to you.