Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buck Mark Lite for Shooting steel?

I was thinking of picking up a buck mark for our local steel matches. I plan on using it as stock for a while, but would like to put a dot on it after a year or two.

I would also like the option of putting some nice wood or g10 grips on it.

I saw the buck mark gray lite at cabela's yesterday. Is this a good option? Looking online I only see one model with the lite barrel. This is an aluminum barrel with a steel sleeve inside. I was thinking this might be a good place to start. I don't want to go crazy with after market parts/barrels.

We picked up a Buck Mark Camper for the wife to shoot steel last month, (which is also a URX like the one you linked). Grab-a-gun had a package deal from Browning that came with three magazines, for a decent price, ($382 shipped). The Camper already has a fiber optic front sight. We ordered a couple more mags, added some Hogue G10 grips, and removed the magazine disconnect.

First range trip we tried 5-6 different brands of ammo, with no failures of any kind. The wife is very happy with it. She shot a steel match with it on August 8th, and all went very well.

buckmark-1040382.jpg

buckmark-1040381.jpg

Edited by BobT

Sweet, so there are no finger grooves in the frame. I was curious about that. Thanks for sharing the pictures. That was a pretty good deal.

Nope, no finger grooves...so with the Hogue grips, it fit my wife's smaller hands very well.