Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best NEW 9mm Open gun Magazines?

open17

So got the mags, looks good.

I got one 170 and one 140 fitted for STI grips, in 9mm.

The 170 will fit 29 with the uplula jamming them down, cant get 30 in there yet. It also fits loose in the USPSA Mag Gauge maybe it really is 170mm and not the 171.25 allowed.

The 140 will fit 23 with the uplula jamming them down, the issue is it does not "fit" in the mag gauge with out pressing it down, this might be an issue Per Appendix E1.

I will need to contact MBX on this and see if there is a easy fix other then sanding my New mags down.

"The 140 will fit 23 with the uplula jamming them down, the issue is it does not "fit" in the mag gauge with out pressing it down, this might be an issue Per Appendix E1. I will need to contact MBX on this and see if there is a easy fix other then sanding my New mags down."

So, if you are running the gun in open there is no reason to sand down the base pad of a 140mm mag to fit the 140mm side of the EGW gauge. As long as it is less than 171.25mm (USPSA) it is good to go.

Ok, I was just a little confused since we were talking about 9mm open.

Anyway, I have some MBX 38/9mm mags and I put them in an EGW mag gauge yesterday. The 170mm mags fit with no issues. The 140mm needed a little push as you described. There is slop in the base pad to mag lip interface, so tweaking the lip at the rear of the mag up a little to get rid of the slop and raise the base pad would solve it on the 140mm mags I have. They would then fit the 140mm (141.25mm) side of the gauge with a few thousandths to spare.

Or, you could sand the base pads.

Edited by Bamboo

• 2 weeks later...