Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So close 2 blue, yet so far

If you have a group of shooters local to you that you know, offer to let them in on your primer/powder order. You can divide it out & spread the shipping/hazmat charge easily. Sure you have to do some leg work but is that better than carrying the entire shipping & hazmat cost? If you fill an order from powder valley(about 50lbs), you can normally get the shipping/hazmat cost down to less than $1.50/lb powder or $1.50/k primers per item.

An excellent point and considering the hazmat/shipping charge, group bulk purchases make the most $$$ sense.

I'm pretty active in local competition (most reload), so getting together a few people isn't difficult (most of the time). I keep in touch with a lot of shooters, and people who reload..... a pretty vast network now :bow: Most are great, and always willing to help in a pinch (during the height of our recent components shortage I paid it forward and hooked a few people up with powder at cost +shipping/hazmat).

~g

I agree and will try to get something of the sort set up. This time around though I am going it alone. 10 lbs powder 3k primers 2 k bullets and some. Just anxious

• 2 months later...

It is the beginning of efficiency and volume I agree. For 35 years all of my volume reloading has been done on a Rock Chucker. Loading up 1000 rds of .223 in a few hours has never even been a dream let alone a possibility. Oh, and by the way, I did get 5k primers, along with 12 lbs powder and 6k 55 gr soft points.

Its a start.

I started with a green machine. Now with my 550, it's not work, it is my zen time. :)

I remember when the green machine was introduced, I wanted a progressive right then. It has taken til now for that to come to fruition. Distractions, priorities and the rut being what they are.

Starting to get impatient. It's been 4 days now. And I am still waiting. Waiting for my component order as well.

Edited by PREDAT0R

My press arrived Saturday while I was out bow hunting. I arrowed 2 buck so I have been too busy to even open the shipping box as of yet.

I also just received confirmation that my component order has been completed so till that comes in all I would be able to do is look at it anyway and that would be pushing unbearable.

The balance of my order has now been delivered. I spent Thursday night un-boxing and mounting the press. And actually got a chance to run off a box of 45ACP. Yes, one box. I wanted to do a caliber conversion to .223 and get set up for a few hundred of those. I had zero issues right out of the box loading the .45's. The only thing that I noticed that was not kosher is the powder measure and static with Bullseye like powder. residual grains would not empty making it necessary to disassemble the unit before change to a different powder.

I have loaded for close to 35 years on an RCBS Rock Chucker so all of my die sets are on RCBS flavor except the carbide .223 from Dillon. I did not find the seat crimp die to be problematic in any way and having the 3rd station open was kind of nice for powder inspection and bullet placement.

Cant wait til summer!