Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My raced up revolver...S&W 929

BigBamBoo

Thank you. Me too. I am hoping to get to the range today and practice some reloads. With the cylinders chamfered, and the short, 9mm rounds, they just get sucked into the cylinder. Now if I can do that under the timer....then I will be ok.

Rig looks great!! I know when I first started shooting revolver I didn't want to shoot anything else. I still have and shoot other guns, but nothing has been as fun as shooting my wheel guns. I didn't spend nearly that amount of cash when I first jumped in, but after the bug bit me, I think he came out pretty good with the money he spent. That is a nice set up. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When did he move away from the solid backing like the one below? I'm currently using two NM IDPA holders plus a few NM speedloader holders with single moons in them for USPSA/ICORE, it's a pretty ghetto looking arrangement but it gets the job done. The 4 or 5 post model is next on my purchasing list, I like that the newer style has some curve to it.

5clip.jpg

Edited by Alaskan454

When did he move away from the solid backing like the one below? I'm currently using two NM IDPA holders plus a few NM speedloader holders with single moons in them for USPSA/ICORE, it's a pretty ghetto looking arrangement but it gets the job done. The 4 or 5 post model is next on my purchasing list, I like that the newer style has some curve to it.

5clip.jpg

the original poster looks like he has 5 individual single posts positioned on his belt.

Revo, like Limited, you can get pretty competitive for a small or a large amount of cash. The basic accoutrements (loading devices, loading device carrier, holster) are the same for any gun -- I've actually got less invested in moon clips than M&P 9mm mags. Ammo gets a bit silly, but with the local Production crew switching to CZs, I no longer have to say "Federal match primers crush seated" like it's some kind of curse :D

The biggest thing I enjoy about it (other than the occasional "what the hell is THAT") is how productive dry-fire practice is with a double action trigger. Yes, it's work, but the work makes you better!

I saw that prototype on his Facebook page I think, I am very interested.

I've been running the prototype for the most the 2015 season. Works wonderfully, it especially shines in pick up stages where ammo starts on barrels /table.