Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Browning Hi Power Mag Safety Removal

usa259

I've seen some youtube videos on removing the mag safety. Have any of you had experience doing this?

Looking for the benefit of the magazine dropping freely from the slide. I've heard it benefits the trigger pull. My Hi Power trigger seems already very good to me, maybe I'm not discerning enough...

I've seen some youtube videos on removing the mag safety. Have any of you had experience doing this?

Looking for the benefit of the magazine dropping freely from the slide. I've heard it benefits the trigger pull. My Hi Power trigger seems already very good to me, maybe I'm not discerning enough...

I did it with my hi-power. Not too bad, although there is one pin I had to use my vice to press out. There are several videos on YouTube how to do it.

I can't say it improved the trigger a bunch, but I sure like being able to drop the hammer without a magazine.

Bob

It makes less difference in trigger pull than a lighter mainspring. The fact that the mag will drop easier and you don't need a mag after showing clear in a match is worth the small amount of effort.

I've never seen the YouTube's, but, have done this about 30 years ago.

It makes less difference in trigger pull than a lighter mainspring. The fact that the mag will drop easier and you don't need a mag after showing clear in a match is worth the small amount of effort.

I've never seen the YouTube's, but, have done this about 30 years ago.

I agree. Changing the hammer spring did more to improve the trigger pull than removing the mag safety. My pin was pretty tight, but I was able to get it out with basic tools. I was glad when IDPA deemed the mag safety OK to remove since I yanked that out of the gun years ago as well.