Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

H335 vs AA2230?

D.Hayden

Just as an FYI Accurate 2230 and Ramshot X-Terminator are the same powder.

Also, while 2230 has been hard to get AA2460 has been widely available. My most accurate loads in .223 have been with 2460. It is only a tad slower than 2230 but behaves very similar. If you like 2230 and haven't tried 2460 it would be worth getting a pound or so try try.

Of course, H335 is a very good powder, also.

Can't really go wrong with any of these.

Just as an FYI Accurate 2230 and Ramshot X-Terminator are the same powder.

Also, while 2230 has been hard to get AA2460 has been widely available. .................... It is only a tad slower than 2230 but behaves very similar.

Good information. I'll add 2460 and X-Terminator to my shopping list.

Thanks.

Bill

I've loaded both for .223 get whatever is easiest to find/buy. This is 24.8 H335 with a Nolser 55g Ballistics Tip at 2.200 OAL

232323232fp734-3-nu68-5--47-254-WSNRCG34

Same load as me (except I use Hornady FMJBT) with similarly good results. Gun holds nice and steady as well, vs. bumping it up to 25.0. I haven't run it through the chrono yet to verify consistency of velocity (I will soon) but so far this one is a keeper.

Apologies if this is a bit of a thread hop. I have more H355 than I do 2230, but more Benchmark than either. I haven't load tested any of them, more often just selecting what nosler states is an accurate load, and running that for plinking. How does Benchmark compare to H355 with 55-60gr ballistic tips or FMJs?

Any benefits to one or the other?

I used H335 a number of years ago, switched to AA2230. Now I can't get AA2230 easily, so wondering which one to track down to start loading with

tia.. Dave

I prefer H335 as I have not gotten as good of results with AA2230. That said I have not tried that hard just did some dabbling with it during the shortage.

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone compared H335 to CFE223? I have heard great things about both but I have not seen a comparison.

Thanks

I would be interested in an answer for this too. I have a couple of buddies who have had metering problems with CFE223 in Dillon powder dispensers, and don't recommend it. I have used neither of these powders, but am thinking of giving the H335 o try, based on what I have read on this forum.

Has anyone compared H335 to CFE223? I have heard great things about both but I have not seen a comparison.

Thanks

I would be interested in an answer for this too. I have a couple of buddies who have had metering problems with CFE223 in Dillon powder dispensers, and don't recommend it. I have used neither of these powders, but am thinking of giving the H335 o try, based on what I have read on this forum.

I've been loading CFE223 on my 550. Meters excellent. I load 24.2 grs under Hornady 55 gr FMJ, very accurate round.