Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you get XLS files from Practiscore? Trying to do a point series

Nemesis Lead

I volunteered (mistake!) to calculate the point series (1 year long) for one of my local clubs.

Does practiscore permit you to download XLS files of match scores? What would be the best way of getting scores out of practiscore and into a spreadsheet so I can make the necessary calculations?

what type of match are you talking about, USPSA, Steel Challenge.....?

If you have the matches in Practiscore on a device there are ways to get access to the data.

As for getting data off the web site, I'm sure it could be done, just don't know of any already built apps to do that, but I bet there is one.

You can copy/paste right from the practiscore results page into excel. I've had to do it a couple times when fighting to sync tablets. The data pastes fine, it just takes some manipulation with formulas to set up the ranking.

Edited by Sigsteve

Send note to support@practiscore.com, we have a series module we can get you to do this automatically. It's sort of in beta but it did successfully do the Tennesse Multigun Series as our first big test (8 matches a few hundred competitors).

Beyond that, you can scrape the results, and the new results going live this Tue (finally!) will have a CSV download per competitor.

Ken N.

Thanks guys. I just copied the materials from Practiscore into Excel. Very laborious.

A very cool future Practiscore feature would be to calculate point series results for clubs. Just have the user input the club matches to be included, the conditions (e.g., the best 8 matches of 12 matches), and rules for people changing class (e.g., going from A Class to M Class) and get the results!

As Ken said, a points series feature pretty much already exists in the apple iOS version of practiscore. Here's a html file containing combined results from 3 South River Gun Club GA-09 matched in Oct-Dec, 2014.

Combined_Match_Results20150904.html

The feature give you a lot of options for generating series results:

post-2179-0-45276500-1441378115_thumb.jp

Edited by wgnoyes