Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI grip with other magwell possible?

clawson2011

SV grip is a different shape and significantly smaller than the standard plastic (old SV, current STI) grip. So Dawson and other mag wells don't fit. You could probably figure out a way to make it work, but I doubt it would be worth the time/effort/cost.

Hello: Typical new SVI thinking on making their products only fit their stuff. I think they should make products for other 2011 style pistols. They would sell twice as much stuff. SVI mags with no magazine release catch slot so that you could custom cut the release catch slot so you could make mags for STI, old SVI and Para frames. I guess they would have to up production if they did that. Just my thoughts. Thanks, Eric

They had legit reasons for changing the grip, although it would be nice if they were interchangeable with others to allow for more options. Not sure on the mag catch, but that may have been necessary to allow for the right side release. I don't think they make things different just for the sake of it, or to tie you to their products. There's usually a design reason for it.