Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10mm in 4.25 barrel

Amoore1960

I am looking for load suggestions for upper scale loads. Not Necessarily nuclear but I want to know I am not shooting a 40.

I figure heavier bullets 180 or 200 to give the powder a chance to ignite better But I have very little experience with the shorter barrel and am gathering all the info I can.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been very pleased with AA #9 and Hornady HAPs or XTPs in 180 grain. With the midrange of Accurates data (http://www.accuratepowder.com/load-data/) I was able to get an average of 1275 FPS out of a Glock 20 with a KKM drop in barrel. Going closer to their max load I was getting over 1300 FPS, but I really was just looking for 1250 FPS, so I worke my loads down a little for more manageable recoil...

I played with some Blue Dot last week, I was a little disappointed in the FPS but I chalk it up to the shorter barrel. LongShot gave me a lot better velocity and acceptable accuracy. I was getting 1275+ with a 180 and Longshot.

With the Blue dot I was hovering at 1200 at 10.8 grs and starting to see primer flattening. I am sure I could run 11.0 grs but being a Commander and just a fun gun I don't see a need to push it faster. I choron'd some Atomic 180 ammo and the were running 1150.

Accuracy was a bit better with the Blue dot over Long Shot and the recoil impulse was nice, so I am content with that since I have about 5lbs of Blue Dot but I will be getting some #9 to test out when I find some

• 4 weeks later...

I am a LongShot fan and have been using it in my 10mm, 40 cal and 38 Super reloads. It has been very consistent. I have not gone beyond 8.5grs with 180 gr. bullets and have not put the load over a chrono yet.

Edited by Eric_Vmax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...