Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ported chokes for 3 gun

I shoot open with a T&N MKA1919. I use Briley ported chokes and Briley comp chokes. IC,LM, & Mod.

Comp chokes do help keep the muzzle down. Ported chokes don't seem to change much. Can't really tell between them and standard ext. chokes Briley claims 5% decrease in recoil.

Diffuser choke is a good investment.

gerritm

I was once told by folk at Briley that part of the function of the choke ports is to strip the wad off of the shot charge to create more uniform patterns. It prevents the wad blowing through the shot column and creating a hole.

I was once told by folk at Briley that part of the function of the choke ports is to strip the wad off of the shot charge to create more uniform patterns. It prevents the wad blowing through the shot column and creating a hole.

That is correct.

That is correct.

Since they don't work very well as a comp but do improve pattern, maybe we should rethink the rules and allow these in all Divisions, not just Open/Unlimited.