Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

comin' home

outerlimits

best friends marine son on his way from HI back home after 9 months in the sand pit. he got hit in fallujah but was cleared to stick it out and got done in 1 piece. i remember 35 years ago when i got out of the corps. not the same. i hope.

but i will get him out to our 3 gun match in may, since he's had trigger time with an ACOG, it ought to be fun for him.

i remember 35 years ago when i got out of the corps.  not the same. i hope.

I hope the people of our country have learned a little bit, and that the soldiers who fight for us are NEVER treated that way again. Tell him welcome home, and THANK YOU, to both of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a call from my Godson, he's an engineer - clears mine fields. He's been in four years already and they reupped the kid for another F---------g 14 months. He wants out but can't get out. I'm going to misspell the words but he said falujah was quiet compared to Fob---- where he is. He called to say his good byes in case he didn't make it out this time around. Damn shame that they keep him in so long and don't rotate people that have never seen the real shit. First run at it was 16 months straight in bagdad when all of heavy stuff was going on.

Took him to his first USPSA match when he was home. He had problems in that he shot all of the targets infront of him including the no shoots. Can't blame him a bit. Hope he comes home soon. Little bumbed about it today. He has done his time and more than most already. I don't get this bullshit!

well, he returned on our soil today. was at the airport to see him. it was really great! many folks said things to him, which was nice. other than a limp from the shrapnel he still has in his back, he looked just fine. was heading to In & Out to pig out.

he still is waiting for his purple heart. now here's a side story. can you believe the people's republic of california actually does something for purple heart recipients? hard to believe, but auto registration is comped for life (as long as you live in CA). that's a pretty nice bennie...