Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving Targets

Hi

I've come back to IPSC shooting over here in the UK after a loooooong lay off and starting to help another guy develop a PP section in a local club. We're looking to build moving targets such as drop turners, up and down bobbers, anything that will make the cof interested and varied.

If we sat down with lots of coffee I guess we could come up with some ideas for how to make these target mechanisms - and then have all the subsequent test and modification pains. We would prefer not to have to re-invent the wheel if we can avoid it!

So I thought that maybe some kind people out there might be able to help us and supply us with ideas, drawings, vids, anything that will help us.

Regards

Clive

Looks interesting Chills, any more pics or drawings?

Regards

Clive

Try this:

5BEF6F2F-5AAC-47CA-838E-33873AE2C32F-508

An IDPA or USPSA target is basically 18 inches wide, so that is where you start with your paper napkin drawings. :)

Edited by Chills1994

I built these pop ups so they were adjustable and also made a simplified latching system that would work from any angle.

popup1.jpg

popup.jpg

If you activate them with a popper like this,

HPIM0717.jpg

pick up the popper first and they relatch themselves all you have to do is set the weight back on.

Edited by jmorris

Back side of a powered pin wheel.

pinwheel.jpg

Pretty crummy video but this is how I have used it, Power comes from one of my auto reset plate racks, so it spins only after the last plate is hit and they are all reset.

http://vid664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/mvsa/aug15/aug145.mp4

Back side of powered TX star

powertxstar.jpg

Another bad video but the running man target is a lot more fun used as moving cover. Even though all your targets are still.

http://vid664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/mvsa/aug15/aug143.mp4

Edited by jmorris

• 1 year later...