Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Adjustable Rear Sights

nicholas306

I've done plenty of Google searches about these sights for USPSA. I just haven't really found much as far as reviews. I really like the idea of adjustable rear sights on my G34. Good or bad experiences? Like I said, I'll be using them for USPSA.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dawson makes very nice sights. They come with tools to remove old sights and reinstall the new ones. Adjustments are precise and the click stops hold.

Edited by Zoomy

Dawson makes very nice sights. They come with tools to remove old sights and reinstall the new ones. Adjustments are precise and the click stops hold.

So, they are pretty solid? Hold up to competition shooting pretty good?

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

I had two of them, and they were fine for rear sights. No issues with function. However, I found that the 125 rear notch was not wide enough for me, so instead of trying to file them out, I sold them and bought two of the new Dawson fixed rear sights with 135 notches. 100 front and 135 rear works well for me.

I had two of them, and they were fine for rear sights. No issues with function. However, I found that the 125 rear notch was not wide enough for me, so instead of trying to file them out, I sold them and bought two of the new Dawson fixed rear sights with 135 notches. 100 front and 135 rear works well for me.

I was planning on using the same front sight. And from what I'm reading, this adjustable sight seems to be rugged enough to try.

I have one on my rear, however I like the .125 notch and paired it with a fiber optic front sight .300 tall .100 wide. Rugged... I use this pistol for 3-Gun as well as USPSA and Steel Challenge.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

I have two sets of these on both of my G35 slides. Both have .125 rear notches. One is a .300T tall front and the other is a .315T x.100W.

I personally liked the .315 as it gives me room to adjust the rear up a little higher. On my .300T slide, I had to almost bottom out my rear sight to get it to shoot POA/POI with 180gr .40SW major loads at 15 yards.

I really like the sights overall though. Very positive and clicky adjustments and they stay zero'd well.

I have two sets of these on both of my G35 slides. Both have .125 rear notches. One is a .300T tall front and the other is a .315T x.100W.

I personally liked the .315 as it gives me room to adjust the rear up a little higher. On my .300T slide, I had to almost bottom out my rear sight to get it to shoot POA/POI with 180gr .40SW major loads at 15 yards.

I really like the sights overall though. Very positive and clicky adjustments and they stay zero'd well.

Good info. Thank you. I'm going to order these sights.

The next set I get well be the Dawson adjustable rear with fo front. Right now I have the fixed rear and had to get a slightly taller front sight for my reloads to hit poa/poi. Dawson was great getting my the right front sight.

A friend of mine has the adj rear, and I have shot it and liked it.

I have zero issues with my Dawson adjustable rear, I switched to the adjustable this year from a fixed rear on my limited gun. I plan to switch my other fixed rears out for the adjustable in the near future

Awesome. Thanks for the info guys. This is good news, because I really don't like being limited with fixed sights. I've shot rifles all my life, and the idea of not being able to adjust sights on this pistol doesn't sit well with me.

Yes, they hold up...I've had mine on my PD gun for at least 10 years...

Edited by racerba

Had mine on my PD gun for at least 6 years. most of my competition sights are Dawson's.

Yes, they hold up...I've had mine on my PD gun for at least 10 years...
Adjustable rear sights?

Got the Dawson adjustable rear/FO front on the G17, and just tonight installed the same combo on the G34G4.

Dawson has updated the rear's dovetail, and install is a piece of cake with the included tools. No filing whatsoever required for the install; and everyting is included (sight, tool, loctite, allen wrench).

Highly recommended!

Got the Dawson adjustable rear/FO front on the G17, and just tonight installed the same combo on the G34G4.

Dawson has updated the rear's dovetail, and install is a piece of cake with the included tools. No filing whatsoever required for the install; and everyting is included (sight, tool, loctite, allen wrench).

Highly recommended!

Oh yeah! Forgot about that. Installation took sub 5 minutes to install front and back and even swapping out the rod for a green fiber optic.

• 1 month later...