Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When will Tanfoglio do away with the FPB?

It has a different design than a CZ and honestly I can't see how it adversely affects performance.

Those of us using a S2, S3, Lim Pro, that put a 1 pc sear in and light hammer spring that are chasing that nice trigger pull have to deal with messing around with extended firing pin blocks and then have to tune it. and some combinations don't even "work" - gen4 Henning pin with extended FPB. I would love to be able to use the gen4 pin for reliable primer ignition - with the Titan hammer also, but it does not engage my extended FPB.

I had the ext. FPB with a gen3 Henning, and i was not quite tuned right, so i was getting many light strikes or instances where the pin was getting hung up on the FPB.

It is just sort of a pain in the butt to get to the right place..

I'm sure it has some effects on the trigger weight but in my opinion it's minimal to the point I can't really tell a difference. I've been lucky I guess but my gen4 FP has worked fine in my guns using the standard FPB

I'm inclined to agree. It seems these Stock guns are made specifically for competition, so they could get away with offering a model without the FPB. I'm dealing with the same Gen 4 Henning FP not being stopped by the extended FPB.

Gump: How long is your FPB, there used to be some longer ones floating around that did work, but those don't seem to be sold anymore. I am contemplating trying to weld a little bead onto the bottom of my FPB then fit it again to see if I can get proper engagement. Or I just find some way to swap out my gen 4 for a gen 3...

Yeah removing the FPB is not a competitive advantage thing, its a PIA thing.

Eli - I was finally successful with this combo

One Piece Sear, Ex FPB, EG 2.0 FP, EG Light Firing Pin Spring, Titan Hammer

Im sure this will work with the Delta Hammer as well but haven't tested it. The Henning Gen III seems to work but I dont like how far it will move forward with the FPB.

I state EG Light FPS because some are using a stock to keep the FP from going too far forward. So far with this setup Im fine. More live fire with it to come tonight.

Im sure this will work with the Delta Hammer as well but haven't tested it. The Henning Gen III seems to work but I dont like how far it will move forward with the FPB.

I state EG Light FPS because some are using a stock to keep the FP from going too far forward. So far with this setup Im fine. More live fire with it to come tonight.

You mean you're using the 'Tanfoglio Xtreme Firing Pin'? The 2.0 is the one that does not work with the FPB.

I think it is funny that reading the description of this one on Eric's site, they advertise that it is "longer, heavier and has a new redesigned hammer impact surface to increase the reliability of your firearm while using light trigger pulls" while Henning is trying to get his a light as possible. Makes me wonder if heavier or lighter is really better. It does seem both extend the length to some extent.

You mean you're using the 'Tanfoglio Xtreme Firing Pin'? The 2.0 is the one that does not work with the FPB.

I think it is funny that reading the description of this one on Eric's site, they advertise that it is "longer, heavier and has a new redesigned hammer impact surface to increase the reliability of your firearm while using light trigger pulls" while Henning is trying to get his a light as possible. Makes me wonder if heavier or lighter is really better. It does seem both extend the length to some extent.

I also wondered about this - I own many firing pins - henning gen 3 and 4, and the EG xtreme.

Back when I shot glocks, the idea was to put a light striker spring in and put an extended lightened striker in to get reliable primer ignition - the firing pin would move faster.

you bring up a great point about the extreme difference in weight between the EG Xtreme and Henning gen4... are they both right, or is one of them so so wrong?

Im running this one successfully with the EX FPB. Is this not the 2.0?

http://www.ericgrauffelonlineshop.com/en/upper-parts/216-tanfoglio-xtreme-firing-pin.html

To be honest I own/run the last three firing pins Henning has released as well as the EG in the link above. All three pop primers just fine. For me right now its about what works with the FPB.