Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great locking holster for the CZ 75 SP01 3 gunners rejoice!

corny

On October 25, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Darqusoull13 said:

Finally received Safariland 578 series holster. It does fit Glock34 without spacer and CZ Shadow 2 with spacer.

There is an up & down play with CZ S2 when trigger is locked in. It seems to come from spacer that is not well adapted for CZ S2. The adjustment screw can eliviate the play but it's then hard to remove CZ S2 from holster. The up & down play does not seem to be a big issue since CZ S2 trigger is well locked-in the 578 holster.

This is where I purchased 578 hoster. Only website I found that give you a choice of different belt attachments!

https://holsterops.com/collections/concealment/products/safariland-578-gls-pro-fit

Thank you all for advice ! 

Edited by Ajdo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I love my 578 as well.  Fits my P-09 with minimal play forward and backward.  The great thing is that the pistol is NOT coming out unless I want it to.  Had anyone installed the HDA drop kit onto one?  I'm curious to know the results of that, and if the drop is too low for USPSA Production division.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad someone mentioned trimming. Had to dremmel a few rubbing part of holster to fit CZ S2 properly. 

Question for CZ Shadow 2 users: Are you using the shim that comes with 578 holster ?

Edited by Ajdo

• 1 year later...
On 6/10/2019 at 8:43 AM, NoKimberDave said:

Bumping this with a question:

Anybody used a GLS with a Tac Sport Orange? If so, which exact model?

Thanks!

Same model in this thread. Fits normal TS and TSO. Also fits the TS Blue. 

46 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

The only issue with using the GLS holster with any variant of Tac Sport is that, at least for me, the mag release button always seems to get jostled a bit during the draw. It's JUST enough to unseat the mag. A little judicious dremel-ing can take care of that, though.

21 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Thanks. There were so many models I was a bit confused.

It seems I ordered the correct one. I had to lose the CZ Custom safety, which is a bummer but not a deal killer.

But I am a bit shocked how wide the gap is at bottom of trigger guard. Just about anything can get in and depress trigger. Its a bit spooky.

Gonna do some heat and bending and see if I get get that gap to close a bit. Otherwise it locks in well and fit is pretty good.