Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

low mass bcg

jlchevy

It would have been more interesting only the bolt carrier had been changed. Same scope, barrel, gas system.

Gas setting, buffer weight.......would be non-optimal and wouldn't show how the rifle would work when set up to actually use. Couldn't just drop a regular carrier in that reduced gas, light setup and expect it to operate the same......

I get your point about a carrier to carrier comparison, but more would have to be changed in the test than just the carrier for the rifle to function optimally for each respective carrier. Just going from a JP LMOS carrier to the Whiskey Arms carrier meant turning down the gas, for example.

Gas system lengths were same between the rifles FWIW.

However, the point of the video was to show what a lightweight rifle system looks like compared to what most people start off with, not the fine resolution of ~4oz of difference in the carrier alone. To see and measure that, need better equipment and software than I currently have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

It is all based on what you want to show and or attempt to prove. I can take a full mass carrier system and make it run better than most people's low mass systems. But swapping a full mass carrier for a low mass carrier will, by itself, have a significant effect on the recoil impulse.

• 3 weeks later...

if you want light the Whiskey Arms BC wont be beat for the price. I have about 5K rounds on mine now and now issues I run a VooDoo bolt in it and I love the thing.

if you want middle of the road weight the JP LMOS wont be beat.