Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport plus CZC low, wide hammer - has doubled twice

cpa5oh

Anybody with the CZC low, wide hammer have issues with their TS doubling? My TS has doubled twice in the last week.

I notice that the hammer hook on the CZC hammer has the center section cut out so that it can be used in DA/SA guns while the TS's factory hammer (and the CZ USA concealed hammer) has a hammer hook that runs the entire width of the hammer...and I was warned that this difference could be a problem.

I do run the factory trigger (the plastic/polymer one) and the factory hammer spring...wondering if the full power hammer spring doesn't exacerbate the problem caused by having less surface area making contact with the sear...

Hmm strange - might be a sear / hammer fit issue or hammer issue. Cheap check will be brand new (un modified) sear for $9. No springs missing behind the sear cage, correct? These 2 springs sit on the sear cage at the back and against the frame.

I have only used SA hammers so far from CZ USA and no problems with the low wide or the Czechmate concealed hammer. I had to gently file the top sear leg in both cases for the safety to work correctly.

That's interesting - I don't have springs in the back of the sear cage. Are those important? (Didn't have them on my Shadows...think one popped out and I lost it and I kind of never thought of it again.)

That's interesting - I don't have springs in the back of the sear cage. Are those important? (Didn't have them on my Shadows...think one popped out and I lost it and I kind of never thought of it again.)

If the hammer is slipping past the sear - Either the sear and / or hammer surfaces are toast or the relative location is off. Cheap check with a brand new sear and the two springs.

Did you check the trigger settings after hammer install to make sure you were not wearing out the sear with every round? With slide off and trigger fully depressed, you should be able to move the hammer fully up and down without any sear movement or sear interaction sound. Adjust overtravel to prevent this.

Edited by Czman

Ordered a handful of those springs...I'll try it again with those springs. For the next two weeks use stock hammers (have to get through area 8.).

The hammer does drop without contacting anything, but that's a good function check I'll be sure to use anytime I change anything.

Looks to me like the sear and hammer engagement is a little cockeyed - I think the springs are gonna fix this...

I'd love to know why anyone thinks the TS trigger needs to be any lighter. It's 1lb, 10oz by the time it breaks in, that's lighter than most hunting rifles. I emailed back in forth with CZ Custom about whether or not it's worth doing the comp hammer in a TS and he told me that I *might* be able to notice a difference, but the factory hammer is designed to be essentially the same thing... so it's probably a wash anyway. So why fuss with a totally different hammer when the trigger in this gun is so ungodly good anyways?

I'd love to know why anyone thinks the TS trigger needs to be any lighter. It's 1lb, 10oz by the time it breaks in, that's lighter than most hunting rifles. I emailed back in forth with CZ Custom about whether or not it's worth doing the comp hammer in a TS and he told me that I *might* be able to notice a difference, but the factory hammer is designed to be essentially the same thing... so it's probably a wash anyway. So why fuss with a totally different hammer when the trigger in this gun is so ungodly good anyways?

It's not about lighter (although small benefit) but about being a lot crisper. On both my TS - factory trigger is good, but the competition hammers make it great!

It's not about lighter (although small benefit) but about being a lot crisper. On both my TS - factory trigger is good, but the competition hammers make it great!

Agree 100% with this and I run a 15lb hammer spring with the competition hammer. I tried lighter springs and you can really drop the pull weight but I love the crisp clean break with no creep still under 2lbs. The only thing my 1911 trigger has on the my TS is 1/2mm shorter reset.

Edited by GJGary