Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 Saftey Question/Issue

Dutchman195

Stupid question. CZ SP01 Shadow from CGW. With the hammer forward and the safety on, Should the gun still fire?

I can cock the hammer and flip the safety on, the gun wont fire. Rack a round into the tube, manually decock the hammer and put the safety on, the gun will still fire.

What can I do to fix this? Or...Since I shoot Production it doesnt really matter since I start with the hammer forward and the safety off anyway. In IDPA ESP I can start cocked and locked. Since the safety works that way I'm not to worried about that either.

Thanks in advance

Cz safeties only engage when hammer is back. It blocks the sear.

Even though safety can be flipped up when hammer is down, it does not engage the DA mechanism. Which is not the sear.

Even though safety can be flipped up when hammer is down, it does not engage the DA mechanism. Which is not the sear.

Ok cool. I was worried about it if for some reason an IDPA match does a safety check. I could see how the gun not having a decocker is only meant to be carried cock n locked in a real world setting (police/military etc)

Thanks. I'm sure next week i'll find something else to freak out about.

Ok cool. I was worried about it if for some reason an IDPA match does a safety check. I could see how the gun not having a decocker is only meant to be carried cock n locked in a real world setting (police/military etc)

Thanks. I'm sure next week i'll find something else to freak out about.

But I thought IDPA was the real world and not a game? Sorry I couldn't resist, I still shoot IDPA occasionally and appreciate what they do for shooting sports. Edited by andrewtac

Just curious as to what hammer you have? Mine with a stock hammer, the safety will not move in the hammer down position. With a CZC competition hammer, I can engage the safety with the hammer down, but it won't fire. If I pull the trigger, it will go to half cock and stop. Just from reading your post, it makes it sound like something isn't fit right.

Edited by tha1000