Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super Nova 24"

ffgats

Hi there,

My SN is still on order and while waiting for 6-8 weeks to arrive , I might as well start inquiring about its accesoories and modificaton and some enhancement you can suggest.

from the factory, whats the mag capacity for 2 3/4 shells, would like to get 10+1 of 2 3/4 shells as possible,

planning to install extended mag tube, but would prefer something that will have a flush fit with the 24" bbl. if its not much of a inconveneince, hope you can post some pics of a SN with mag extension of plus 4,plus 5 and plus 6 and with its total shell capacity.

Thanks

There r some Nordic competition SG packages FS on classifieds from time to time fo decent deals and other than a new fronts sight they are all u need.

My 24" supernova has a +6 may tube, Nordic follower, and hi viz comp front bead. And a barbell clamp of some company I cannot recall.

There r some Nordic competition SG packages FS on classifieds from time to time fo decent deals and other than a new fronts sight they are all u need.

My 24" supernova has a +6 may tube, Nordic follower, and hi viz comp front bead. And a barbell clamp of some company I cannot recall.

Lead-Head, Am I correct to say that the +6 mag tube will make it 10+1? , and will extend a little bit pass the 24" bbl ?

thanks

My Nova has a plus five Nordic tube and a 24" barrel, The end of the tube and the barrel are almost equal with a flush, non extended choke. I can get 9+1 2 3/4" shells in my gun. I have added a long fiber optic front sight, opened the loading port, chamfered the entrance to the magazine slightly, polished the action bars and drilled a hole through the stock for a sling. Other than those things, it is stock. It has been very reliable and has been shot and dry fired a lot.

Hurley

My Nova has a plus five Nordic tube and a 24" barrel, The end of the tube and the barrel are almost equal with a flush, non extended choke. I can get 9+1 2 3/4" shells in my gun. I have added a long fiber optic front sight, opened the loading port, chamfered the entrance to the magazine slightly, polished the action bars and drilled a hole through the stock for a sling. Other than those things, it is stock. It has been very reliable and has been shot and dry fired a lot.

Hurley

Forgive me for hijacking the thread, but can you elaborate on what you mean by 'polished the actions bars'? Is it literally polished to a shine with all the paint removed, or does it mean all the stamp lines filed flat too?

Thanks

Keith

FWIW, I only break any sharp edges on the action bars, I don't polish for the sake of polishing.

You can only open the loading port so much as the trigger group housing IS the loading port.

Cut too much and you will weaken this element. (no need to cut that much anyway)

I have other tweaks that I developed. In simple terms I lengthen the rearward stroke about 0.100"

This mod let the action move back another 0.100" AFTER the shell has been released from the tube.

It has helped me to greatly reduce "short stroking" I know that Rose Action sports does the mod.

I have in the past cut action bars. creating a 2 3/4" only gun but I did not see an increase in my

cyclic speed nor a reduction in short stroking. (at least not to the extent that the long stroke mod has)

I also cut back the shell latch about 0.060". This has the shell captured sooner during loading.

I do one more internal mod that let the action open easier even with a little pre-loading of the forend is present.

I don't wish to share that info as it is not really a consumer mod. And unless you know you have the issue you won't need it.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Hurley

Forgive me for hijacking the thread, but can you elaborate on what you mean by 'polished the actions bars'? Is it literally polished to a shine with all the paint removed, or does it mean all the stamp lines filed flat too?

Thanks

Keith

I only smoothed up the edges with a honing stone (sounds like I did the same thing Mr. Kelley describes) and honed the high spots, I did not polish them to a chrome like finish.

Hurley

Hurley

Thanks

Keith

I only smoothed up the edges with a honing stone (sounds like I did the same thing Mr. Kelley describes) and honed the high spots, I did not polish them to a chrome like finish.

Hurley

Thanks Hurley, it seems like a gentle approach is needed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

surprise surprise, My SN 24" arrived yesterday, expecting it not be here till next 4 weeks, but got lucky I guess,

Its a heavy gun, well Im used now with my 1301 21" which weighs nothing.

Just a few first impressions of the gun from the box, the action is not super smooth, find the forearm rattles a bit side to side, it feels that it does not fully lock to front and rear of the receiver,is this normal? considering its new, any remedy for this, first on the list to be enhance

Next is the trigger, is not the best, second on my list.

The loading port is not really bad, I can still twin with the same speed as my modified port of my 1301.

Because Im on the short side of a guy, 5'6" with average arms lenght, will look for a smith here who can improved my reach or reduce the action, if its possible to do. luckily I have a spare gel pad ( thinnest) which help a liitle bit, reduce the LOP to 13.75".

kindly share your thoughts

I can't find a reason to touch the loading port. That thing is huge. As to trigger, I haven't modded mine as its a SG. I just have not found trigger work on a gun like this to be all that beneficial unless it's just heavier than heck. I just run drills with my Snova just for fun as I train with my other SG which is semi. Haven't had a short stroke issue and the recoil for a pump is soft. I've only got 3k shells through but it's the first gun I have felt so comfortable with out of the box in a long time. It is my favorite. It's a bit loose to run a bit dirty in the bush hunting. It has its flaws yeah but mine has been really great. I sent my dad a message that after this he can keep my model97. I know but that's how I feel. Holds 10 in the tube and eats shells voraciously at practice. I love to shoot it with whatever. Softer the better lol.

Edited by JimmyZip

surprise surprise, My SN 24" arrived yesterday, expecting it not be here till next 4 weeks, but got lucky I guess,

Its a heavy gun, well Im used now with my 1301 21" which weighs nothing.

Just a few first impressions of the gun from the box, the action is not super smooth, find the forearm rattles a bit side to side, it feels that it does not fully lock to front and rear of the receiver,is this normal? considering its new, any remedy for this, first on the list to be enhance

Next is the trigger, is not the best, second on my list.

The loading port is not really bad, I can still twin with the same speed as my modified port of my 1301.

Because Im on the short side of a guy, 5'6" with average arms lenght, will look for a smith here who can improved my reach or reduce the action, if its possible to do. luckily I have a spare gel pad ( thinnest) which help a liitle bit, reduce the LOP to 13.75".

kindly share your thoughts

Just a follow up question. what choke constriction do you use for slugs, Is it safe to use LM? want to keep 1 choke for all around choke.