Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vice Prez at 10

dirtypool40

OK, first defining the drill.

10 yards, facing targets, hands relaxed. EL PREZ array of three targets three feet apart. IDPAer's you don't need covering garmet.

Draw shoot two rounds (ONLY) per target, make mandatory reload and two more rounds (only) per target.

I will post threads on this drill at 10, 15 and 25. I'm look for data for myself and a chance to compare to you hosers back in the world.

So, to that end:

please only post runs that were 90% of the points or better

Please include gear and class.

If you have it or remember it, please include draw and reload times. Also observations on times for splits vs. transitions are always appreciated.

Try to make it a real do-able average, not a once in a lifetime best ever run.

Yeah, I know it sounds like I am writing an article, but I am not, just trying to get enough info to draw some meaningful conclusions.

OK, I'll start you off.

Limited / Standard "M"

good average of around 4.50 down four or five. Goal is to get AVERAGE down to 4.0 w/90% of the points soon.

Splits and transitions tend to be about the same for me, roughly .18-.23. Draw is around 1.00, reload about 1.10.

*Note: this is on Amoebas and I'm a bit faster on USPSA robot-heads.

thanks for your help...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did a sub 4 sec VP....down 4 ....3.88sec..

If you don't have to turn....think I could do it in 3.3 or close to it..with practice.. :P

TL, I guess you meant EP not VP.

Eric, My best VP with good points has been 3.95 I was down less than 10 but can't remember all the details. On average 4.6's down less than 6 is good for me.

Oh yea A class Open.

ooof.  ok, I need new goals.

Goals? Hell, I need a talent transfusion. I can't hit those times dryfire.

Eric

Good tag line. By your apparent command of the English language it is obvious that you are a cunning linguist... :P

you have your choice of that or being a master debater.

Hey, I'm hijacking my own thread!!

Yes, it's like EL PREZ only facing the targets. No it's not at 7y, that's why I defined it as 10, 15 and 25y.

Now let's hear someone elses times...

I am not saying this drill (as you described it) is at 7 yards. What I am saying is that an El Prez without a turn is known as a Vice Presidente and that the Vice Prez is “Traditionally” done at 7 yards.

--

Regards,

I am not saying this drill (as you described it) is at 7 yards. What I am saying is that an El Prez without a turn is known as a Vice Presidente and that the Vice Prez is “Traditionally” done at 7 yards.

IIRC, it was, at one time, a classifier. I also recall the targets being closer together than the regular El Pres - like, 18 inches from shoulder to shoulder, instead of 3 feet. It was shot at 7 yards, vs. the El Pres at 10.

Obviously, that doesn't mean that you can't shoot it at different yardages :)

The last time I ran a Vice Prez for time was at the 1989 Western States match in Reno where the VP was run as a side match. I got away with a best run of 4.26 and 58 points with a stock Glock 17L and a semi-race holster. I do the full El Prez now with an open rig in about 5 flat and anywhere from clean to 5 or 6 points down depending on my slop factor.

The targets were about one target width apart at the Western States in 89. Voigt busted a move on the VP there in about 3 flat with an iron sight single stack comp gun. I think he had two c’s.

--

Regards

4.30 all on paper -somewhere - 32 down.. :wacko: to several 6.25-40 with 2 or 4 down. I am losing all my points on the first target.....

got a few in the mid 5ish down 6-10. 1.1 to 1.2 on draws - 1.7 average reloads and - when I hit something - about .3 splits and transitions with little difference in them.

Edited to add. C Limited

Thanks TL, typos can be scary....remember the guy over in the EL PREZ thread talking about his 2. something and the hard time he got.

I guess the lesson is we believe you COULD do a 3.35.

I need to get out and shoot my own drill and get some current times.

I am pulling this out of a clogged memory, but it seems like there was a video of someone (maybe Saul Kirsh) doing a VP in sub 3. It might have been at Grauffels site perhaps. I could be off on this, but I will look around and try to find it again.