Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much to fit everything up on a 2011?

jhgtyre

I have, slowly, over the past few years gotten most of the parts I need to make a complete STI limited gun. All I currently lack is a barrel, a rear sight, ambi safeties and a few pins and springs. Assuming I get all that stuff, and it is all new, what would a reasonable ballpark be for getting it all put together by a competent smith be? I realize that there might be parts compatibility issues and the gunsmith will likely have parts he likes to work with that are different than my prize table assortment but all that aside I just want an idea of what I should expect to pay to have everything assembled and working. Any input from the gunsmiths, and various other experts, that frequent these pages will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-ld

Dave Dawson had a deal he once called the "Naked Gun"; it was an STI Edge or a Dawson Edge only without the finish for $1400. I thought - wow - a limited gn for $1400?!!? its $270 less than the STI offering only without the blueing - great deal!

I was sadly mistaken. It was $1400 + plus YOUR PARTS. Figure retail price of those parts from Brownells is well over $1000 and you soon realize that $2400 for a basic limited gun & no finish ain't such a good deal. I guess that "deal" is discontinued since its no longer on the site.

So; A.: $1400 or less.

Dave Dawson had a deal he once called the "Naked Gun"; it was an STI Edge or a Dawson Edge only without the finish for $1400. I thought - wow - a limited gn for $1400?!!? its $270 less than the STI offering only without the blueing - great deal!

I was sadly mistaken. It was $1400 + plus YOUR PARTS. Figure retail price of those parts from Brownells is well over $1000 and you soon realize that $2400 for a basic limited gun & no finish ain't such a good deal. I guess that "deal" is discontinued since its no longer on the site.

So; A.: $1400 or less.

Yikes! Thanks for the info though. :blink:

-ld

call me and let me know everything you have and want done and i'll quote you a price. e-mail bedellcustom@yahoo.com or 716-681-2248 9am-8pm EST. if i did it for one case of beer Paul, it would have to be some damn good beer. anyone want a cat, my dogs want it but not in a nice way.