Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Ub3RDoRK

Why do pros choose a vertical mount vs a 90 degree?

I use a 45* mount as well. All the benefits of a 90* mount but a bit less bulk and more visibility on the left side. Only trade off is it's a bit harder to zero in...but really not much more difficult than a 90*

Who still makes 45's?

Don't think anyone makes them anymore. I picked it up on the forums a while ago.

That's what I thought...

I use a 45* mount as well. All the benefits of a 90* mount but a bit less bulk and more visibility on the left side. Only trade off is it's a bit harder to zero in...but really not much more difficult than a 90*

One tip I got is turn the target 45 too. Then left is left up is up etc. you probably know that already but it was something I hadn't thought of. :)

Yes, that's right.

I run a 90 mount, and it does get in my way transitioning to the left. But, I'm blind in my left eye so that probably doesn't help much.

I may do like Sarge mentioned and try a RTS2 when they get it worked out.

I run a 90 mount, and it does get in my way transitioning to the left. But, I'm blind in my left eye so that probably doesn't help much.

I may do like Sarge mentioned and try a RTS2 when they get it worked out.

I have two nearly identical gun, one with Slideride, the other with RTS2, and I am pretty much just using the second one.

Edited by Foxbat

We just need a company owned and run by competition shooters to produce a product.

Seriously....

I use a 45* mount as well. All the benefits of a 90* mount but a bit less

bulk and more visibility on the left side. Only trade off is it's a bit harder to zero in...but really not much more difficult than a 90*

Who still makes 45's?

I just got one for my back up gun from a guy named Barry, he was making them, not sure if he has any left...I can get you contact information if you are interested...

Does anyone make a vertical mount for a c-more.I realize the challenges there would be. 

I'm right handed and left eye dominate. I shoot everything with both eyes open (iron sights, optics, scoped deer rifles, shotguns, bow, etc.)  I did the 90 degree mount on my CF open gun, RFPO, and RFRO.  For a couple years. I did poorly when shooting right to left.  The reason was:  my left (dominate eye) was looking at the body of the C-more so it's hard to see to move the eyes ahead to the next target. My times improved when I went back to a vertical C-more on all 3 guns. 

But I'm a long way from being a pro at anything. 

I know a few guys that are masters in uspsa that had 90* mounts and switched to vertical to help more when shooting stages that u run right to left