Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you CORRECTLY use a ching sling on an AR?

In a recent match, there were lots of shooting positions that required standing and shooting unsupported at small distant targets. There was no way to get kneeling or prone and nothing to brace your rifle on.

I have decided to experiment with a Ching Sling in such situations. My only question is around technique. Internet videos vary greatly on how the sling attaches to the rifle and whether or not the support hand goes in front of or behind the forward swivel stud. I know that the sling itself should be high on the back of the support-side arm, but what is the proper position of the support hand relative to the front sling / swivel stud? What is the optimal place to put your swivel studs on your AR's forearm?

I may be making a mountain out of a molehill, but I prefer to do things correctly.

Does anyone know correct set up and technique?

Thats what I would do. I only know of 3 guys who use a ching sling in competition, and one of those very rarely. Of the other two, Kurt Miller is one of them. There are a couple of good tricks to set up and use. I'd get hold of Kurt

There are several real good pictures out there of an AR set up right. I know they have been posted here on ENOS. Might search under iron sight rifles and Kurt Miller. I know Zak Smith over on demigod has one of those pictures on his history of 3-gun rifles.

Edited by kurtm

Just cause you are girly enough to name a Buckskin "Silver" don't project your slightly effeminate ways onto others. BTW my P.R.C.A card was issued in the 1000 number range, around the time you were wearing plastic chaps and twin cap pistols. :)

Edited by kurtm

My support hand is holding a beer at the moment, not near a sling. Take this to a P.M as it will bore Tigerman and next thing you know he will want to name his pet LLama "Trigger". :lol:

Edited by kurtm

Ooooo la la, now your doing the French mistake wha la!!! From Blazing Saddles! :)

And about that LLama.....does it have a set of your chaps as well?

Edited by kurtm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...