Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which powder for 9mm Production?

Kevin Kline

I use 4.4 gr of Titegroup under a 124 gr plated West Coast bullet. I seat them long since my Para mags allow it, but this is a listed load for 9mm and it does not exceed published data. I get about 1150 fps from my 5" barreled LDA.

Vince

Many of us run 147 grn bullets for Production. Follow the book loads for Titegroup if you want a safe, dependable, soft shooting Production load to start out with. Once your friend has been loading 9mm for a good long time & has experience, have him search around on be.com for other load info. I think that Titegroup is the most safe, competitive 147 Minor load for the 1st time or novice reloader. Don't be tempted to use a load not on the books at this stage.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

There seems to be a pattern here...

I use Titegroup, 4.2 grains under a 125 grain Zero JHP loaded to 1.14" goes about 1050 fps from my CZ-75B and Beretta Brigadier.

However, if you're going to load jacketed bullets, you can buy ammo for little more than the cost of components. I get Blazer locally for $3.84/box; WalMart sells Winchester white box for $11/100 rounds. Both rounds are dependable and accurate enough.