Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So why is CCP not catching on?

I've only been shooting BUG or CCP depending on which one my carry gun is legal for in any given year.  Out of a typical field of about 3 dozen shooters we might get 3-4 CCP shooters.  Still mostly SSP and ESP.  I just compare scores with the CDP and SSP guys to see how I'm faring, and in the case of SSP subtract 10 seconds or so from my score over the course of a match to account for the extra reloads.

No one is stating the obvious... CCP was a mistake....   IDPA had the opportunity to introduce Carry Optics...  Look at how awesome its doing in USPSA.  Not only could it have been a crossover division like SSP and Production, but I think it would have brought a lot of new participation and growth.  Not to meantion maybe updated the game to modern fielded gear, I mean my actual work gun is a Glock 35 MOS...  I'm seeing them more and more not just among law enforcement but also concealed carry folks.  The carry optic platform isn't in infancy anymore, its come to fruition, they are practical, functional, proven, and as a sport that is defense oriented, they deserve a division.  Like welcome to 2017...  But then again (facepalm) it is IDPA. :( 

very unhappy that they reduced the dimensions for CCP to remove 4" commander 1911's.

that said, the glock 19 is probably one of the most-carried guns in the world, so CCP gives all those carriers a chance to carry what they shoot.  the 8-round capacity seems stupid, especially now that commander 1911's are out, but hey, who doesn't need more reloading practice...  also would be nice to have aiwb, that a lot of people use for carrying.

12 hours ago, lee blackman said:

No one is stating the obvious... CCP was a mistake....   IDPA had the opportunity to introduce Carry Optics...  Look at how awesome its doing in USPSA.  Not only could it have been a crossover division like SSP and Production, but I think it would have brought a lot of new participation and growth.  Not to meantion maybe updated the game to modern fielded gear, I mean my actual work gun is a Glock 35 MOS...  I'm seeing them more and more not just among law enforcement but also concealed carry folks.  The carry optic platform isn't in infancy anymore, its come to fruition, they are practical, functional, proven, and as a sport that is defense oriented, they deserve a division.  Like welcome to 2017...  But then again (facepalm) it is IDPA. :( 

I at least sort of agree with this. In my area CO isn't doing great, it's at least as bad as L10. That said, CCP is probably worse.

I do think IDPA really missed out on something with CO, it would of been a really good fit in IDPA. And the equipment would be so different then anything else in IDPA, I'm sure more people would of jumped at the chance to try it. CCP is just a small ESP gun, so why bother to switch from ESP to shoot a smaller version of the same gun in a smaller division? Doesn't really make much sense to me. But, give me a DOT in IDPA, and I'd be there, even though I have no plans to shoot CO in USPSA.

people who were expert in ssp and esp needed another minor pf division to try and win something at sharpshooter. thus ccp.

just kidding. from what i see, ccp gets more shooters than revo, bug and cdp. cdp would get more action if it was open to 40major. it already allows non traditional 45 guns in (i've shot a sig p220, glock 21sf and a glock 41 in it) and that didn't help grow it. (and differentiate it from SS)

way back when we were asked to vote, i voted for the dot division. i have no plans to shoot a tiny gun.

• 10 months later...