Looking at Lee Classic Turret for first press

StraightSh00ter

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been said in many places that one of the advantages of reloading is the ability to load different charges that are tailored to your gun. I don't know that anyone could really appreciate that statement until they've tried some different loads. Thanks to Sarge for letting me try quite a few of his practice rounds - shooting 124gr and 135gr loaded to just above Minor PF felt really good. Besides the inherent improvement with target re-acquisition, my gun just felt "like it's supposed to", for lack of a better explanation. I also have been noticing that some rounds fire more accurately through my gun and the 124gr Extreme RN were no exception. I believe that is what I'm going to start loading with.

Unfortunately my credit union is a disaster - my account was compromised (again) and I'm out $500 until I file a police report and get the fraud paperwork submitted. Fortunately I only keep a minimum in that account to maintain whatever services I use there. So I will have to wait a couple of weeks longer to get started. But now I've got a decent amount of brass to start prepping :)

Edited by StraightSh00ter

• 2 weeks later...

Have you thought about a dillon 550? That is my choice for my first progressive press, it should be here wednesday!!!

After burning through 1000rds in less than a month, thinking I will be shooting even more than that, and finding that it's already hard to find time to practice/prep for matches, I have had some thoughts...

If you're shooting more than 250 a week already and plan to shoot more then I'd say no question the 650 is what you really want.

I believe the OP did indeed go with a 650. I shot another match with him this weekend and he is hooked beyond hope so he will need the output for sure!

If you're shooting more than 250 a week already and plan to shoot more then I'd say no question the 650 is what you really want.

I believe the OP did indeed go with a 650. I shot another match with him this weekend and he is hooked beyond hope so he will need the output for sure!

I'd say this pretty much sums it up for me.

I definitely spent a lot of time thinking about what's been posted here. I was pretty excited for the LCT, but enough time passed for one reason or another before pulling the trigger, and the reality of time and ammunition needs set in. Fortunately I have a few local resources to help with loading on a 650, and with a little patience I think it will work out OK.

Thanks all for your input. I appreciate the thoughts and suggestions and know this thread will be helpful for a lot of people.

Nothing wrong with one of each, that's kinda what I did and then added a couple of Lee Loadmasters to boot. I now set up all 4 presses with dedicated turrets; 223/300 Blackout on the 650; 44-40 and 38/357 on the LLM's and 22 Hornet on the Lee Class Turret.