Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M-14 Mag Holders

Where is a good place to buy holders for M-14/AR-10 magazines?

They don't have to be speed/competition gear, but I would prefer no snaps, velcro flaps, or other retention devices that would slow down reloads. They should also comply with the rules for He-man or Heavy Metal since that would be the main reason to shoot a .308 rifle.

BTW, some of the Kydex gear people such as Blade-Tech can make holsters and holders for any guns and mags, but the first customer for a gun holster or a magazine holder they don't make yet would have to lend them the gun or magazine.

Richard

Schennberg.com

T-Rig.jpg

I highly recommend 3 Gun Gear for your mag holder(s). They make a two pack holder that is the heat-no flaps, buttons, velcro. Made specifically for tactical/3 gun use. Plus, it is designed to be used with a "T Rig" drop leg system (or on your belt) if you want to carry that way. Check them out. Mark is a great guy and customer service is outstanding.

3 Gun Gear

If you only need a couple mags I'd say use the 3 gun gear pouches.

If you want to carry more than two mags and want to go with a modular vest of some kind, these work well:

single_308_mag_pouch_md.jpg

www.tacticaltailor.com has single open topped magazine pouches. Mags can be retained with the bunjee, or you can leave the bunjees unused. I've used the AR15 ones for a while now, they're relatively fast and hardly compromise speed if you do use the bunjees.

Purchased 2 single M1A/ DPMS mag holders from David Brown at the MM3Gun on Saturday he made a third one for me on saturday. I prefer Kydex to fabric. Check his web site. www.buybrownholsters.com I think that is correct. A fun guy to deal with and a good product at a fair price.

PK

Second the "buy Brown" suggestion.

I needed some in a short time for a 3 gun, He had them to me overnight and actually lost on the shipping (to the tune of $26 extra shipping on two M14 mag holders). He didn't have to do it-he misquoted the overnight price.

And, yes, I sent him a check to cover it!

Great product and service.

Dave

I have 3 holders that were made by Wilderness products. I have tried all others and they just don't even come close, except I havent tried Kydex....it just isn't right to have Kydex near a good old M-14 type weapon :D . KURTM