Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 MOS?

mikeAZ

Anyone shooting one in competition yet?, I must need one of these?. I like the Gen 4's as I have small hands and move the mag release to the right side (much easier for me to change mags without any danger of the 180 rule when on the move). Granted, most Glock shooter's are not Grand Masters shooting open with a dot. My shooting buddy ( who is 82 and a "D" class shooter) recently put a C-More RTS on his 35 MOS & a Lone Wolf ported/extended barrel in his pistol and is doing very happy with the results). I've tried a regular C-More and a frame mount scope adaptor on my gen 3 17L and it's a poor setup (bulky and won't hold zero). Rather than getting the slide cut for a slide mount, I'd just as soon leave the 17L stock appearing...Also, we both shoot local GSSF match's, so the new MOS's should be OK for unlimited class.... I shoot lots and lots of 9mm, so the 34 is my choice (Also have a Gen 4, 35 for major PF)... Input from anyone WITH the MOS system Glock's is welcomed..

I was thinking "Factory" cut not aftermarket,.....

Edited by mike NM

I got ahold of glock rep over email as I had a glock cert I wanted to use but wanted a G34 MOS instead. He quoted late Nov early Dec release. I'm with you, I couldn't shoot a gen3 and older models worth a damn, but my gen4 g17 fits my hands better

Edited by DocMedic

Sorry can't help ya as I don't have one yet. I've been trying to find a blue label one, but called every blue label dealer in the valley and they don't have any and can't order one.

Thread drift, but where are you shooting GSSF matches, I didn't know we had any around here?

Just don't see any new magic in that gun. Guys have been running slide mounted dots for decades. Trijicon Red Dot (now discounted) on adapter, still plenty low.

The advantage of the milled slides is more for defensive use than competition. The milled slide allows for back up iron sights in case the dot goes down.

I have yet to shoot one of these types of guns, but I also wonder if having the iron sights helps find the dot on the draw and in strange shooting positions so if the dot's outside the glass instead of wiggling the gun around looking for the dot you can just transition to the irons and line those up, once they get close the dot should appear. But I haven't actually shot one of these guns yet so don't know if it really works that way...

Russell92

The advantage of the milled slides is more for defensive use than competition. The milled slide allows for back up iron sights in case the dot goes down

The ones I have seen use the so called suppressor sights, with the RMR milled slide dot.

SAI%20Pic%203%20Salient%20Arms%20Interna

The ones I have seen use the so called suppressor sights, with the RMR milled slide dot.

Right, you can do the same thing with the MOS Glocks. Foolishly Glock put their standard crappy plastic sights on the MOS instead of suppressor height sights like the M&P CORE comes with, but you can buy taller sights for the MOS to co-witness with a dot, Dawson makes some.

Will these need a separate acceptance into production to be legal (with irons of course) or are they legal as a g34?

I think someone posted elsewhere that they would need to be listed as a variation and that NROI was just waiting on the official weights from Glock.

Will these need a separate acceptance into production to be legal (with irons of course) or are they legal as a g34?

I think someone posted elsewhere that they would need to be listed as a variation and that NROI was just waiting on the official weights from Glock.

I was thinking about buying one.

There's like a 99% chance these will be accepted to the production list, right?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What sights for MOS/RMR? Dawson, ZEV, Ameriglo? I don't care for tridium so not thinking Trijicon. .I want the back up sights to index off of, I've tried to shoot a dot without and did not fare well. I suspect with time, practice and training I could get by without, but I need a place to start.

I have a Gen 3 G34 that L&M Precision did the work on for me. Milled the slide, installed a Trijicon RMR, installed suppressor sights, and sent it to Robar for an NP3+ refinish on the slide.

I originally had the work done just for a "play" gun , but might shoot it in some local steel matches. Recently installed a Glocktriggers.com "Edge" trigger and a Glockmeitser 13 lb. recoil spring with SS guide rod.

As for a holster that fits it . . . I have two Blade-Tech SRB OWB belt holsters for the G34 . . . . one with and one without the DOH attachment and they both work perfectly.

It's a sweet pistol and I have put a couple hundred rounds through it and look forward to shooting it more.

Edited by 45 Raven