Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Possible to install RMR or other optics on non-Core MP9 Pros?

MilkMyDuds

Any ideas? If not possible, would it work if I simply swap in the CORE slide on my Pro frame?

I have 2 Pro 5'' for IDPA/USPSA but did not expect to use optics originally, until the recently announced "Carry Optics" division.

Edited by MilkMyDuds

According to the current Production rules you can swap out the slide as long it is the same length/contour as the original, as Carry Optics is based on the PD rule set then that option would seem to apply, though I would wait for the formal rules before purchasing anything expensive.

The other option is to use a dovetail mount to hold the scope, in this case just drifting out the existing rear sight and replace it with the scope mount will allow you to try the new division without incurring a lot of expense.

I have two frames and four slides and have swapped them in every possible combination without any problems. Even a FS frame works with a Compact slide.

Sent from my reloading bench using Tapatalk

Edited by ParaOrdnanceLarry

I have two frames and four slides and have swapped them in every possible combination without any problems. Even a FS frame works with a Compact slide.

Have you ever put a long slide on a compact frame?

Have you ever put a long slide on a compact frame?

When you do this combo, the dust cover portion of the frame won't come far enough forward to cover the bottom of the slide.

It may actually work, but would be a very bad idea.

Actually yes to both above; a FS slide and a Pro or Long slide will work on a Compact frame.

I have used the FS slide on the compact frame for IDPA matches and had no problems; in the long run it'll get more dust in the springs.

I am working on a sliding insert to fill in the gap.

• 1 month later...
I started with the Burris Dovetail mount, but 3d printed a thinner adapter plate to get it lower. The part that slides into the dovetail is still metal, but my adapter plate lets you reuse the dovetail screwholes to mount the optic instead of the second set on the thicker plate it comes with.

post-56039-0-37961100-1442693140.jpg

post-56039-0-37961100-1442693140_thumb.j

Edited by recoilchamp

• 4 weeks later...