Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A little humor goes a long way

lumpygravy

I've also been running low on ammo and wanted to try one of the forum ammo vendors. So I place my order for a sample 500 rounds of 40 to chrono and function through my guns. A few days later I get an email from the vendor informing me that they cannot ship to my city.

Did I mention that I live in perhaps the most restrictive cities in one of the most restrictive states in the nation with regards to online ammo purchases?

So I reply with an alternate shipping address and get this reply: "I can defiantly shit to that address."

This made my day on so many levels....

No names were used to protect the guilty.

Edited by lumpygravy

Without getting political (but to convey an image of the anti-firearm environment here in SF) there is only one gun shop within the city limits. There has even been a proposal to record video of all consumer gun and ammo purchases. No comment.

As to the legality for internet consumer ammo purchasing, the vendor suggested that they could ship to a local FFL. I think this would be something like a gun purchase without the background check and 10 day wait period. Fortunately, I have family just outside SF city and county (currently, no prohibition) about 20 minutes away so it's a minor inconvenience.

The vendor's reply provided an unexpected burst of humor during what has become a very stressful. week. I actually replied and they were a little embarassed and then wondered how many other times they had inadvertently let out the same reply.

• 2 weeks later...