Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying a G17 for L.E. Duty

JamisonMcCollister

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you carry a G34 instead of a 17? If so I would. Just add some good sights like TTI or 10-8 and maybe let TTI stipple it. Best compromise.

I can carry a 34. But for me I'm not a real tall guy and in a patrol car the gun will be buried in the seat lmao.

I opted for the 17 because it was a tad bit shorter but still retain the capacity.

I did order the TTI sights and I might drop in a TTI connector kit....... Seems like a decent option without changing a ton of stuff in the gun.

Anyone use the TTI kits?

Edited by JamisonMcCollister

I can carry a 34. But for me I'm not a real tall guy and in a patrol car the gun will be buried in the seat lmao.

Not real tall, dude, you are like 5'5".

That's wood elf territory.

Edited by technetium-99m

We are not allowed to modify our duty weapons other than night sights and grips. Agency issued or P.O.W . We also can not shoot practice ammo. Only duty issued hollow points either HST or Gold dots. I am sure everyone doesn't follow that rule, but just be aware Agencies in general probably wont be happy if you drop a fulcrum trigger in and swap the stock barrel for a match grade barrel.. If it is a small department they may be more lenient.

I'm more likely to hit the 8"target with my glock than with my 1911. I start every range session or with a slow fire plate rack at 25yd, then I do one for time. 9-12 seconds is where I'm usually at right now.

Oh it's doable...I usually shoot a 280-285 out of 300 (265 is passing)...guess I should clarify that the target (10/9/8/7 rings) are 8" diameter....to pass most shots need to be in the 10/9/8 rings...so realistically more like a 6" target (10 rounds @ 25 yards, 10 rounds @10 yds in 15 sec's, 10 rounds @ 10 yds in 10 sec's...30 rounds in all)....

That sounds like a decently tough course of fire. It also sounds a bit detached from the skills you might need in a gun fight.

Sounds like a very good score.

Tom

Ps, I live in Ferguson, and I saw a lot of despicable things done to our officers. I never appreciated how much poise officers could have until then.

I thought it sounded like a fairly benign COF.

30 rounds every 6(?) to 12(?) months. I know a lot of officers and deputies who only shoot when they qual

It is benign...but is just 1 of 2 COF's we fire. The other is a combat course with 60 rounds from 20 yards down to close contact and in between firing strings to get your heart rate up we do pushup's, air squat's, and a run around our range building. Our SRU Team trains minimum of 8 - 16 hours a month on shooting and tactics.

But...will agree...can never get enough firearms training....

Can you carry a G34 instead of a 17? If so I would. Just add some good sights like TTI or 10-8 and maybe let TTI stipple it. Best compromise.

I opted for the 17 because it was a tad bit shorter but still retain the capacity.

I did order the TTI sights and I might drop in a TTI connector kit....... Seems like a decent option without changing a ton of stuff in the gun.

Anyone use the TTI kits?

If you aren't that tall....try a thigh rig if your department allows. It's good for either G17 or G34 as it gets the weight of the gun off your hip, and when sitting in a patrol car it doesn't dig down into the seat...although it may slap the center console a little! LOL....

Anyone use the TTI kits?

If you aren't that tall....try a thigh rig if your department allows. It's good for either G17 or G34 as it gets the weight of the gun off your hip, and when sitting in a patrol car it doesn't dig down into the seat...although it may slap the center console a little! LOL....

Thigh rigs suck in so many areas. 1. They move around during strenuous activity. I have had one strapped on so tight I could barely feel my leg below the knee but it still managed to move and shift during training. They are slower to draw from and they look stupid with a police uniform. I won't allow my officers to use them.

alright guys I put the TTI sights on my gun..... and im not real happy with them. for one reason or another the rear sight lifts up when the set screw is tightened down..... any suggestions??? any one else have this problem???

Repost this in the TTI forum.