Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA 3-Gun rules suggestions

We score by the rifle PF at our long gun matches assuming that the slug on paper part of the match will never be huge. This gives us the ability to run it as a big pistol match in EZ-Winscore and it "almost" makes the .308 competitive if there is enough paper in the match. I am considering the option of allowing all .308 shooters to only put one on paper and then doubling that hit in stats for them. It would probably level the playing field, but will definitely raise a squawk from the mouse-guns ;-)

--

Regards,

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAybe this will sound to simple but to help with the 308, 223 major minor problem Which means PF's. Change the values on zones. For example lets say A is now worth 10 major and minor, however the C zone is worth 8 Major and 4 Minor. D zone is worth 6 major, 3 minor.

Play with numbers and I believe you'll find a weighting that brings 308 into being competitive.

Modifying easy score would simplified.

I have one other small pieve in tactical the barrel limit on shotgun. If 22 is magic number lets not have mag tube extend beyond it, because then barrel might as well be that length to. Do we count chokes or not. If length is one of things that make it tactical then chokes should be counted too.

Something simply like from edge of the reciever to fartherest part can be more than 22 1/4" . That way if we really want to check somebody you can just wip out tape measure and see.

I have one other small peave in tactical the barrel limit on shotgun. If 22 is magic number lets not have mag tube extend beyond it, because then barrel might as well be that length to. Do we count chokes or not. If length is one of things that make it tactical then chokes should be counted too.

USPSA does not have the 22" length limit in Tactical (or any division for that matter). IPSC has an overall length limit of 1320mm overall in Modified division, but no bbl length specification specifically and no length specification whatsoever in Standard and Open.

You are speaking to Non-USPSA 3 gun rules (IMGA) and this thread is specifically pointed to the USPSA rules for 3gun/Multigun.

--

Regards,

Edited by George

Sure enough, but there is a tactical rifle division. So if I shoot tactical division rifle, what am I supposed to do in Shotgun be either Modified, production.

It is too confusing and complicated. Quit trying to follow the models used for pistol.

Sure enough, but there is a tactical rifle division. So if I shoot tactical division rifle, what am I supposed to do in Shotgun be either Modified, production

Once again, USPSA has no barrel length limit for shotguns in any division PERIOD

World IPSC has only an "overall length" limit in Modified, but does not address barrel length at all.

--

Regards,

Edited by George