Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger precision rifle

72stick

I got to see one in the wild and had someone who I really respect the opinion of was gushing over. The barrel if I'm remembering correct

Y is changed just like an ar barrel. This is a beautiful gun and is a whole lot of gun for the money

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought one a few months ago and went out and put about 20 round through it. It is in 6.5 creedmoor and I love it. First time out less than MOA from a bipod. For $1000 I think it is hard to beat.

good to hear. The more I read about this, I think I'm going to need some new dies and bullets to start reloading soon.

I bought one a few months ago and went out and put about 20 round through it. It is in 6.5 creedmoor and I love it. First time out less than MOA from a bipod. For $1000 I think it is hard to beat.

were you shooting the 120 gr or 140 gr Hornady A-maxs by chance?

I have fired these rifles, in both the 6.5 CM and .308, and they are good shooters. I had a .75" 200 yard 5 shot group which really surprised me.

They have a lot of really great ideas built right in. There are a few changes I would make, such as the stock profile (prefer the Manners T2A, which won't work on this rifle), then as others have suggested swapping barrels, the bolt shroud thingy, hand guard and eventually the trigger, but for right out of the box at about a grand, you really can't beat it. Spend 1K on the rifle, 1.7K on optics and another $500 on ammo and you can save your money until you can afford any upgrades you may deem necessary.

It is a rifle you will really love, especially if you have never shot a GAP, RBros, AI or other custom rifle.

wg

Sold a 243 to a friend who's a avid bench shooter and his results are

5 round groups with 115 gr Berger VLD over 39.8grs of h4350 went into .386

5 rounds with107gr Sierra Match King over h4831sc went into .479

He also said the pmags would not allow single loading but his JP and Accurate mags would.

He also stated that any rounds loaded within .15 of the rifling had to be single loaded.

The prices on these are a little crazy right now

Edited by kellymc

Picked one up on trade for a 700 308. Excited to take it out to the range this weekend.

I know the RPR comes with Pmags, but any performance or reliability difference noticed out of the Pmag vs. AICS pattern mags?

See post 3 up...

Picked one up on trade for a 700 308. Excited to take it out to the range this weekend.

I know the RPR comes with Pmags, but any performance or reliability difference noticed out of the Pmag vs. AICS pattern mags?

I have put 2 rounds in 4 different kinds of mags and shot them back to back to back to back (several times) and found no difference, all ran 100%. If you shoot OTM bullets, you might find they chew up the inside front of PMags which can lead to feed issues.

• 3 weeks later...