Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock 19?

GlockSpeed31

There's 3 guys who build really good Open Glocks. They all say that the ideal slide is a [Caspian] G17 slide. It's short enough - and lighter than any 1911 Open gun.

The grip is identical in size between G17 and G19 - other than how much the frame hangs below your pinky finger. I doubt any of the heavy magwells will fit on a G19 but that's a guess. The angle is different at the bottom of the frame.

There's a pic on here somewhere *I believe* of a fellow who made a quasi-open gun out of a 19 for his kids to shoot. It looked cool but I don't think it was intended as a serious Open blaster. Maybe try the picture thread?

I can see the gun in my mind, I'm just not sure where I saw it .

A magwell didn't work on a G26 I tried, don't know about the 19.

G26 Open-the ultimate shorty?

"More comp, I need more comp!"

"Wait! I mean barell. I need more barell!"

Just a little fantasy I had one sleepless night. :wacko:

I am probably the one you are thinking of that built a Glock open gun for the kids. The first one was a G19 limited gun that I had a Glockmeister magwell on. The big brass magwell fit fine except that a small portion of the block that goes into the backstrap channel had to be milled off. After that it worked great. Then I sold the G19 and made a G17 open gun for the kids. It was way cool but the kids liked shooting my iron sighted guns better so I sold off all the components and the gun. Neither of these guns was a "serious" open gun. I never bought a comp or tried to make major. They were just for our steel matches where powerfactor isn't a factor.

-ld

We have built a few 19/23 open guns,they are cool but not for people with larger hands.on the one 19 we did the customer used a grip ext on the mags and that helped alot.We are building a 23 open pistol right now with a 357 sig barrel and our 2 port comp,cant wait to try it out.

• 3 weeks later...