Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SMM3G Results

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blain West, was the most hardcore there....he continued to shoot after suffering a broken foot from getting hung up on a stage prop. He duct taped up his boot for more support and finished the match, continuing to score well.

We gave him a CAV-15 MKII receiver for impressing us with his will to continue going inspite of his injury.

There is no scoped rifle "winner" or iron sight "winner" in Tactical. The Tactical iron sight shooters shoot against each other in the rifle stages and the Tac scope shooters shoot against each other in the rifle stages. For example,if Kurt won Stage 7 with an iron sight rifle he would get 100 points. If Taran won Stage 7 with a scoped rifle, he would get 100 points. Then they would shoot directly against each other in the pistol and shotgun stages. This is how SOF was scored in the past.

It was a great match with a great prize table. Thanks to all the match crew and sponsors.

I particularly liked blowing the door open with the shotgun! :D

Hi all,

The SMM3gun was very well organized, staffed and attended (298). The range was assembled with great props and featured creative and challenging stage designs. The range officers and staff were first rate.

I don’t know what Jerry had for problems but Kelly Neal shot a strong match and pressured all to step up to the plate in Heavy Metal. Kurt Miller put together his skills showing and old M1A shooter can deal with the 223’s vicious bite and whip up with iron sights and that weak handed shotgun loading technique.

David Neth had a great match going until a gremlin caught up to him on stage 3 and finished up the third Tactical. I believe stage 3 bit again on Tarran's run.

The man of the hour and last years Heavy Metalist was without a doubt Blane West. Suffering a nasty ankle/leg injury complete with two fractures on the long range rifle stage he solider on with the aide of duct tape and placed fifth.

Congrats to all

Read more about the match in an upcoming issue of the Front Sight!

PK

If you guys have not noticed Blane is some kinda superman or something so stop giving him so much credit! He could have whipped the field blind with his shooting hand amputated. LOL!

(Blane, good job!)

Guy

I was referring to how I spelled Jerry's last name.........I was tired when I posted that. I knew I screwed up the spelling of his last name......

I have checked several times today for any results and have not seen any.

Steve

Howdy everybody... I have the 2005 SMM3G results, but haven't posted them anywhere. If you'd like a copy, please send me an email and I will forward you an excel version. The finals s/b up soon on either the Area 2 web site, or maybe tomorrow on the smm3g.net web site.

Thanks to everyone that brought me chocolate. :wub: And to those of you that didn't... What's up with that??? :wacko:

Hope to see all ya'll next year... and remember not to send in your entry in too early, as you WILL be penalized ;)

AZ Stats Chic/A2Chic B)

rlamarca@cox.net

Everything was awesome, except, for the registration... What was up with that?

'Are you shooting Open?'

Yes

'What kind of scope?'

Uh,... It's Open, there are not limits, that's why it's called Open...

It was a great match with great crews!!! The weather couldn't be any better, sure beat shooting & practicing in the cold/snowy ranges of Colorado.

The big change, and most welcomed, by shooters this year - We're allowed to put down hot weapons in designated boxes on SAFE before moving on. Although the understanding of SAFE condition for shotgun was not universal among ROs - Shotgun empty with bolt locked back was not considered SAFE unless the safety was engaged on one stage <_< , while other stages allowed safety on or locked back, it was nice not having to do the rapid unloading. Stages ran smoothly and no safety problems :D

The door activated by a shotgun blast on Stage 3 was way too cool. Hey, can you guys loan us this door for the RM3G match in August? :lol:

This match was dominated by rifle and shotgun stages, I think I only spent 60 rounds of pistols. Equipment wise, Trijicon TR21 was the ticket ;) On Stage 6, I forgot to turn the magnification up after hosing a bunch of short range targets and ended up shooting one of the long range (275 yds or so) set of targets on 1.25 power, I had no problem taking them down on first shots.

Hats off to the SMM3G match Director, the hard working ROs, and stage crews.

The stated round counts on the match web site was waaay off. I brought 200 rnds or rifle and 200 rounds of pistol ammo. Site said that there was 150 rounds required of each. I came back with at least 70 rounds of .40 and no rifle rounds - in fact, I had to borrow .223 ammo from Al Greco (thank you) b/c I ran out. And I maybe took 15 extra rifle shots during the entire match. There were a few other people that I talked to that came very close to running out of rifle ammo.

-David

Next time, I'm going to use the PMC ammo that USPSA has arranged to be dropped shipped to matches, so that I can have PMC's #7 shot and 55gr .223 ammo there, and I can bring my pistol ammo, 69gr .223, #4 shot, spreaders, and slugs with me.

-David

This match was also scene of the great mano y mano battle between the strong hand loading (me) and weak hand loading (KurtM). Both of us shooting Benelli M1s: Here is how it panned out

State 1 Kurt 35.65 Kelly 35.29

State 4 Kurt 34.65 Kelly 35.63

Stage 5 Kurt 41.12 Kelly 40.45

State 10 Kurt 23.08 Kelly 22.35

Kurt total time 134.5

Kelly total time 133.72

IRREFUTABLE PROOF OF THE SUPERIORITY OF THE STRONG HAND LOAD :P

Of course, Kurt won his class and I was 2d in mine. :(