Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell for M&P?

Trekkie

Hi -

I have a CORE M&P pistol in .40 and I'm looking for a Magazine Well. I am new to the competitive side and have gotten some TT magazine extenders and would like to get a magwell to put on my handgun as well.

My challenge is either my google-fu is week, or finding a Maxwell online is hard. Add to that when I do find them, there seems to be what to my eye from the picture 'look identical' yet one says 'IDPA Box' and one says 'Limited 10'.

I'm not doing IDPA or USPA type shooting, just local range competition. I don't know if I'll ever do the IDPA/USPA but the gun I'm putting this on is optic enabled so if I understand it right that would be 'open' class gun. So if it could later be used in an 'open' class at the official guys that'd be nice, but I don't have any plans to do that.

I've sent emails to a couple shooting vendors asking 'what's the difference' and 'do you have one that fits M&P?' but haven't gotten a response so I thought I'd ask here and see if I could get some feedback.

I use Speed Shooter Specialties magwells on my M&Ps, they make 3 different ones, ESP, L10, and Limited. The ESP and L10 are the same depth except the ESP has some milling on the outside so it will fit in the IDPA box. The Limited is very deep and is used in USPSA Limited and Open division. I don't have the L10 version but have the other 2. The differences are what magazine baseplates you can use. None of them can use the stock M&P bases. The ESP version will allow use of a +0 and any of the longer bases. The Limited requires use of a +5 or longer base (actually the +0 will work, but it is recessed into the well and not really useful for competition).

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=103_278_289&sort=20a&page=2