Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
RangerTrace

Top Shelf 1911s vs Glock based Pistols

Shane coley is kicking ass with a Glock. Not sure how much of a “Glock” is left after all the mods tho 

Anyone with the Johnny Glock trigger that is also familiar with a nice 1911 trigger care to compare them for me? I’m not sure the issue but I’m just not as happy with my polished G34.5’s trigger as I was with my G34.3. I’m thinking about ordering a trigger.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:47 PM, OdinIII said:

Anyone with the Johnny Glock trigger that is also familiar with a nice 1911 trigger care to compare them for me? I’m not sure the issue but I’m just not as happy with my polished G34.5’s trigger as I was with my G34.3. I’m thinking about ordering a trigger.

They're just not the same. I have 2 guns with Johnny's competition trigger in them, and a nicely tuned 1911. The glock has more pre-travel and not as crisp of a wall/break, but it's about as good as it gets for glocks. The two gun designs are just inherently different.

I’m kind of in the same boat as you for different reasons.  I competed in USPSA several years ago with a 2011, and am planning to get back into it.   I still have the 2011, and am at a point now where I could afford to get a nice custom gun, but I think I’m going to just “build” a parts catalog  Glock and shoot limited with it.   I just got tired of keeping a limited gun running and I’m thinking the Glock would just be simpler and less time consuming. Plus I think I just want to but ammo off the shelf and shoot minor and save myself even more time and heartache. Plus I relish the thought of not picking up brass.  

Everybody knows it isn't the gun, it's the shoes.