Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
RangerTrace

Top Shelf 1911s vs Glock based Pistols

Financially its going to get worse. Cars, clothing, food (eating like crazy), electrical bills, college, books, and it never stops. BUT.....its worth it.

And get used to these words at a match....."Got anything else for sale?"

Started with Glocks 15 years ago.  Moved to SS/L10 with 1911's.  Took 8 years off and now back in with a pair of STI's and loving it.  Sure they need more care than a Glock but just feel's right with a 1911/2011 platform.

I'm currently debating this idea as well, I'm thinking I could build a "budget" 35 or 22 with a Taylor Freelance with minimal investment for limited and be competitive.  Then I think I should buy once cry once and never wonder if my equipment was limiting my performance as I get better.  I'm now thinking a CZ might be a more friendly option on my bank account.

Ask Bob Vogel. Others have gone from Glock to 2011's, but good is good. Something to be said about the shooter who can out shoot the gun he currently owns and needs to upgrade, versus never growing into the fancier gun that was purchased right off the bat.

I would have to say that a really good shooter won the Nationals shooting a glock. Just imagine what he could do with a well built 2011! 

A friend once told me, "if your racing a pinto against a corvette, it doesn't matter how good of a driver you are." Guess that was proven wrong at the Nationals. Maybe it's the old tortoise and the hare.

On 11/7/2017 at 4:11 AM, Boudreaux78 said:

I would have to say that a really good shooter won the Nationals shooting a glock. Just imagine what he could do with a well built 2011! 

A friend once told me, "if your racing a pinto against a corvette, it doesn't matter how good of a driver you are." Guess that was proven wrong at the Nationals. Maybe it's the old tortoise and the hare.

Eh not a perfect analogy it's more like a corvette vs. a car that has a corvette engine but not the suspension or tires to really keep it on the road.  You can learn to drive it just as fast maybe but it'll be harder. 

On 11/2/2015 at 11:12 PM, jeremy kemlo said:

I will make you all feel better. I have 7 kids. The oldest is 15 and can't wait to drive and the youngest is 2. Free time? I shoot production and it is always fun when the fat guy with 7 kids beats the young guys w stis. It's a no loose situation.

We are going to a jr pheasant hunt in two weeks.

Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Thats pretty cool!

You can't beat the feel of a 1911 Trigger, short light and crisp. Not to mention the 1911 is the best looking guns out there.

Any metal frame gun feels better to shoot than a polymer gun. With that being said, shooting is just fun no matter what you are shooting. Went and shot 22s the other day and had a blast! As long as you are having fun, that’s all that matters!

As long as you keep shooting who cares what division it’s in. Nobodies judging you by what you have, where all just here for the same things.

Watch Gunbroker like a hawk.  Every once in a while you'll see a screaming deal on high-end guns and nobody else will notice.  It's how I got my current open gun!