Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Delta Point Mount?

saibot

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

HUGE thanks to Matt for cranking out a Deltapoint mount for me. The thing is a work of art, almost too nice to screw on to my gun...almost.
:)

I'll get it out, zero'd and tested and let you guys know what I think about the DP. I'll get some pictures up of it, too.

I thought I'd post a quick update here. First off, the mount is AWESOME! The thing is just perfection. I really love having such a small and light setup now, and there is just so much less junk in the way.

The sight in was painless and took about 30 seconds to nail it. I did a bit of shooting and then the dot went out. Turns out, the Deltapoint was defective, which was bad timing since we have Steve Anderson out this weekend for a class. I called Leupold and explained the urgency and they said they see what they could do. They got it on Wednesday, and knowing I had a class this weekend, got a new Deltapoint in my hands by Friday. Talk about great service!

Anyway, I sighted it in just before class and shot well with it most of the day and started to notice my groups getting low and opening up. I then noticed that one of the Deltapoint mounting screws had backed out and was just about to fall out. In my rush, I didn't LokTite the Deltapoint screws and had to crank it back down and rezero, which was a bit more challenging the second time. I ran into the issue where the windage and elevation adjustments were affecting each other and I had a heck of a time getting it zero'd. But alas, it seems good to go. I'll see how it holds up after another day with Steve and then get it setup properly when I have the time to do it right.

Overall, I am loving the new setup. There isn't a shot I don't feel I couldn't make. It's now pretty much a surgical instrument. I couldn't be happier with the mount. Thanks again, Matt!

I thought I'd post a quick update here. First off, the mount is AWESOME! The thing is just perfection. I really love having such a small and light setup now, and there is just so much less junk in the way.

The sight in was painless and took about 30 seconds to nail it. I did a bit of shooting and then the dot went out. Turns out, the Deltapoint was defective, which was bad timing since we have Steve Anderson out this weekend for a class. I called Leupold and explained the urgency and they said they see what they could do. They got it on Wednesday, and knowing I had a class this weekend, got a new Deltapoint in my hands by Friday. Talk about great service!

Anyway, I sighted it in just before class and shot well with it most of the day and started to notice my groups getting low and opening up. I then noticed that one of the Deltapoint mounting screws had backed out and was just about to fall out. In my rush, I didn't LokTite the Deltapoint screws and had to crank it back down and rezero, which was a bit more challenging the second time. I ran into the issue where the windage and elevation adjustments were affecting each other and I had a heck of a time getting it zero'd. But alas, it seems good to go. I'll see how it holds up after another day with Steve and then get it setup properly when I have the time to do it right.

Overall, I am loving the new setup. There isn't a shot I don't feel I couldn't make. It's now pretty much a surgical instrument. I couldn't be happier with the mount. Thanks again, Matt!

Pictures!

I ran a DP for a few months it made tight shots easy but I tried going back to the std Core and the field of view was so much larger that I realized the delta point was slowing me down. I feel I will get the best of both with the RTs2. It has a larger glass and shoots very precisely when I have shot with one. Good luck...

I ran a DP for a few months it made tight shots easy but I tried going back to the std Core and the field of view was so much larger that I realized the delta point was slowing me down. I feel I will get the best of both with the RTs2. It has a larger glass and shoots very precisely when I have shot with one. Good luck...

A Matt-

What is different about the RTs2 vs. the Deltapoint? What about the RTs2 vs. the new Deltapoint Pro?

RTS2

window size (WxH) 25.76 mm x 22.01 mm

Deltapoint

window size (WxH) 26 mm x 19 mm

Not a big difference in height. Does anyone have both and can post a picture?

This is the older Delta Point not the newest version (which I haven't seen yet) versus the RTS2. This is also the best I could do with one-handed photography and my iPhone. Sorry for the upside-down pics. Tried to reverse them but that didn't work either.

post-49666-0-07237400-1442259976_thumb.j

post-49666-0-00464400-1442260044_thumb.j

post-49666-0-72309900-1442260069_thumb.j

post-49666-0-95794600-1442260096_thumb.j

Edited by JMike

Don't forget you're already going down from 29mm on a regular cmore. So while the dp may be obly another 3mm it's still 10% smaller.

I think the larger dp triangle makes the glass seem smaller too. I recently shot both a dp and rts2 and the rts2 definitely seemed bigger in glass.

Don't forget you're already going down from 29mm on a regular cmore. So while the dp may be obly another 3mm it's still 10% smaller.

I think the larger dp triangle makes the glass seem smaller too. I recently shot both a dp and rts2 and the rts2 definitely seemed bigger in glass.

Then get the dot instead of the triangle. They offer the DP with a 3 MOA dot.

• 2 weeks later...

For me....I like the DP with the Arrendondo mount. I ve always thought the Arredondo mount offer a clean look from the rear compared to others. His mount is rounded at the corner where the top and side edges meet, giving it a rounded contour look that matches the rounded edge of the 1911 slide.

Also, it looks like in the first photo, the gun in the middle of the three is using the Arredondo mount and that mount moves the sight maybe 1/4 to 3/8" rearward compared the the others.

And as the aiming view between the DP and RTS2, I do not see a problem using the DP.

The 90deg mount, thats a loser! I would not use that setup.

JMO

Edited by kimberacp