Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Delta Point Mount?

saibot

I need to get a Delta Point mount for my TruBor and thought I'd ask you all which one to get since I have no idea.

JV Industries

http://www.jvindustries.net/store/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=11&product_id=54

Aaredondo

http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/category.cfm?CID=1002,2029&PID=hj11h2926cqdmj&GID=

CK Arms

http://www.ckarms.com/store/scopes-mounts/8-rts2-sts-mount.html

Anything I'm missing?

As far as requirements go, I want it to hold zero. And the lower the better. Not a slide mount.

Thanks all!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CK mount is red dot specific. I don't believe MC makes a mount for the Delta Point but I could have old info. The last info I have is they make their mounts for the CMore RTS/CTS and the Trijicon RMR only.

The JV Dynamics mount sits low, is rock solid, and has a couple of features I like - a recessed area that the Deltapoint fits snugly in and two sight screw mount protrusions that the sight mount holes go over and the mounting screws screw into. The way the sight mounts makes it highly likely that the point of aim is not going to change much, if at all, when you pull it to change batteries. I've used the JV Dynamics Doctor frame mount for years and the Deltapoint is just a variant of it. I plan to switch to the Deltapoint and corresponding JV mount soon.

The Arredondo is a nice mount, sits low, and has the added feature of being able to mount a thumb rest in Ralph's pre-drilled holes specifically for his thumb rest. I have one of these as well and know several other local shooters that are using them.

Either one will more than likely work well for you.

i don't shoot open but I do check out open guns! I like the JV for the recess area the optic sits in and I like Arredondo mount also because of the curved or radius area where the vertical and horizontal sides meet giving the mount an almost non restrictive view from the left side of the gun.

Both are good looking mounts! JV is sorta of that industrial look, where Ralph's mount looks futuristic!

Damn, I should get an open gun :surprise:

Wow, sounds like I can't go wrong with any of my options! You have to love that.

BTW, I emailed CK Arms to ask if their mount would work with my Delta Point, and Matt Cheely answered within a minute saying that it wouldn't fit, but, if I sent him my Delta Point he'd make one for me that would. Now that's service!

Kudos, Matt. Check your mailbox, you'll have my Delta Point shortly.

:)

Wow, sounds like I can't go wrong with any of my options! You have to love that.

BTW, I emailed CK Arms to ask if their mount would work with my Delta Point, and Matt Cheely answered within a minute saying that it wouldn't fit, but, if I sent him my Delta Point he'd make one for me that would. Now that's service!

I was just about to email you and ask...

It shouldn't take Matt long to redesign the RTS2 mount for a Delta Point and it would be nice with some more options when selecting a mount for it.

I'm also on the lookout for one so I'm diffidently looking a Matt's when he is done.

I really curious what kind of mount is using Chris Tilley on 0:24 on this video:

Seems to be Deltapoint not slide-mounted...

Wow!!!

I guess once I have the new mount and Deltapoint I'll be able to shoot like that too!

;)

I really curious what kind of mount is using Chris Tilley on 0:24 on this video:

This mount puts the optic all the way to the back of gun. I wounder if he has any trouble with brass hitting the optic. Also since the dot/glass is father back there will be less dot vertical travel from recoil.

• 2 weeks later...

Any progress news ?

Any progress news ?

Not quite in hand yet since it took me a little longer than expected to get it shipped to Matt. He did ping me to ask if I wanted silver or black and said it would be here in 2 - 3 weeks. Fingers crossed it gets here this week since I have a sectional match on Saturday that I need it for. I'll post some picture of it one I have it so you guys can check it out.

I am curious about this as well. I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with an answer. Slackers!

Someone has got to know what mount that is. Anyone? Buhler? Whatever it is, I would love to try one.

I'm pretty sure it's just mounted in a dovetail on the slide. The all mounts Deltapoint comes with that mount.

Someone has got to know what mount that is. Anyone? Buhler? Whatever it is, I would love to try one.

I'm pretty sure it's just mounted in a dovetail on the slide. The all mounts Deltapoint comes with that mount.

No sir. Watch the video. That sight is frame mounted. Does not move with the slide. Also, that appears to be a CMore RTS2 not a Deltapoint.

Edited by idHawk