Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Preferred holster and thumb rest for Limited?

ATLDave

I've been shooting USPSA with a Tanfo Match for about 2 years and using a bladetech holster for it. I finally decided that a gun with a magwell (and a little extra weight and a non-POS adjustable sight) would be cool to have, so now I've got a Limited that I'm setting up. My old holster won't work, so I'm in the market for a new one. And I'm inclined to try out a thumb rest, too, since the gun already has those little holes drilled in the side, which means a more open/race-style holster.

So, what's your thinking about the best holster for square-guard Tanfos? And what, if any, thumb rest do you like?

BeerBaron,

I'm inclined to know what your idea of the function is regarding the DAA.

I'm in the same baot and leaning towards a magnetic DAA, lot of people run them here and i have not heard any beefs about them (the old style i did however)

They are quite different in how they work. The DAA is a simple hook on a sliding wedge that as it slides down the hook protrudes into the trigger guard to secure the pistol against the block on the other side of the trigger guard.

The manny has a ball which is spring assisted. It also has 2 magnets in rollers that keep the bottom of the dust cover against the holster the rollers help a smooth draw too (though they can leave light marks on the frame). The spring assist of the ball also makes the draw feel a bit lighter/smoother. The locking lever when locked barely sticks out so no chance of snagging it on something. But if you want to draw with the lock it can be left at the 90 degree position.

The new DAA magnetic inserts seem to have improved the fit against tanfo trigger guards so they are nice now too (I have both old a new inserts).

Looks wise DAA wins. Functionally I rate the manny better. I find I use the manny most.

Tanks BB!

I looked into the manny, but i does not seems locally available here in Cont Europe and the DAA I can pick -up locally. Ill ask Saul when I see him on a Dutch match. maybe he can give me a sample loaner to see if my Tanfo retains solid and releases smooth

Actually the manny holster is made in Europe and distributed in the us by manny.

I believe the company that makes it is SLB. You might be able to find it in Europe under that name. I think the guy is in Sweden perhaps?

But the DAA is an excellent holster too. The current gen inserts fit the tanfoglio trigger guard nicely. Either is a good choice.

I'm running a Gogun *thumb rest [generic]* and a Safari land 014 have been real happy with the set up

Do you have any pics of the gun in the 014? I use the same holster, and while the gun fits, it seems "loose".

• 1 month later...

Is the DAA thumb rest the best one out there for the Limited? Does anyone have pics of the alternatives.

I have a GoGun *thumb rest [generic]* that I picked up at a match, but it looks too big for my gun (Stock III in .40).

Manny Brag holster is really nice, just got one. He sent me one to "try it, if you like it, buy it", and there's no way I could send it back. I was hooked. It's really nice and just plain works. Holds onto my Limited frame very well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Manny Brag holster is really nice, just got one. He sent me one to "try it, if you like it, buy it", and there's no way I could send it back. I was hooked. It's really nice and just plain works. Holds onto my Limited frame very well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Does yours have the plastic hooks at the bottom that stop the dust cover from lifting up?