Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge shooter statistics

jakemaul

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking Jake's utility could look at how the shooters are ordered, because it puts shooters who didn't shoot all of the stages below the ones who did. Deep-dive of the data for each stage shouldn't be needed.

Do you have any idea which version of PractiScore was used?

No I don't Zack.

No problem. I've reported issues with DNF scoring for iOS and Android in the past. I haven't checked lately to see if the issue has been addressed. I asked that PractiScore work like the steel challenge web site does. If someone DNF's a stage then set their time to 30 seconds. That's what happens on the web site.

Yes at our Thursday night matches, we used to assign something like 120 seconds to a DNF stage and that automatically put those shooters far down the list. We only recently switched to using Nooks running the Practiscore app to score our matches. There are some things to work out.

Maybe it would be as simple as setting something other than 0.0, like 120.0, as the initial/default score for stage not shot yet, if that is supported.

Can't speak to the latest Android version, don't have a device close at hand, but with the latest iOS version, if a competitor has a stage marked as DNF, Practiscore makes their time equal to the max time per string times the number of strings.

Looked at the latest version for Android using the same scenario as above the shooter would be given a time of zero for the stage, but when you look at View Results for that stage the shooter is ranked last. So the ranking results are correct, but the time being set to zero is causing problems down the road.

Syncing to an iOS device and then pulling your data from the iOS device is a workaround, as the iOS version will give all DNF competitor stages an actual time.

Edited by jdphotoguy