Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much does your open gun weigh metal grip

limited shtr

If you are worried about adding weight with a SS or Metal grip, get an Aluminum PT grip. I have been running the same Aluminum PT grip for over a year in my open gun, shooting about 12 to 1600 rounds a month at major PF. Not one worry because they use a better quality aluminum than others including STI and they stand behind It that it WILL NOT crack in an open gun too. Call PT talk to Tiffany she will explain things better. Good luck.

yea I agree with a matt. right now im running an SV but I ran real well with a PT alum aggressive texture with no problems. nice and light now but right now im in the mood for heavy. that will change soon im sure. not sure of weight. its a full size with titanium comp but if I get a chance I can weigh it tonight.. btw its a Mat mclearn

Cracks don't come from the lack of strength, they start when the part has stress concentration points. A difference in strengths of these two allows is not really critical, even though it is significant... what is more important how the part is designed.

I have another SVI IMM with their stainless grip, but with the Slideride C-more, that one pulls 51oz.

If not a big secret, what are you going to do with the numbers?

Edited by Foxbat

Alright I finally got to it. I hav a Matt mclearn full size, double sided mount, alum more, svi grip with grip tape, titanium comp. no mags, no bullets. 55.5 oz

The heaviest one that I've weighed at the Chrono station (just for personal interest) was 58 oz. without mag. Long Comp, PT grip, *thumb rest [generic]*, Aluminum C-More. It was a brick and the shooter didn't look like Lou Ferrigno. We talked for a while and he said that he felt that the absorption of recoil made up for the increase in swing weight.

• 2 weeks later...