Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me decide… Beretta 1301 or Benelli M2

frbejarano

Picked up a 1301 24" at cabelas on clearance for 850, put on a tube and bought 3 extended chokes and I'm invested 1069 total and the gun had run like a top from the get go. And now I almost exclusively run 1oz 1185fps shells. She runs like a top and loads twins like butter. If I were to want a quad loading gun I'd go with the m2 or the versa max (which is my personal favorite).

If you're going for out of the box running and twins - 1301 will do the trick

If you're wanting to do quads and are willing to put in a little more money and effort to get it set up - the M2 won't dissapoint

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

If you tune into FORUMS (top left of your screen), and then 3-gun,

you'll find a few discussions of shotguns. One of them has to contain

50 pages of discussion - pay special attention to PE Kelly's comments.

Good luck in your new adventure

I tried to find the discussion you talked about and can't find it under multi gun and don't see anything for 3 gun.

Edited by sac

Just went through this decision and went with the M2 24" after talking with Mike at AI. I think whatever platform you go with give Mike a call when your ready to get some work done. Haven't gotten to shoot mine yet but will be delivered in a couple days. He returned my calls and emails faster than anyone else did and talked with me on the phone for a good while helping me decided on a few things. 3 weeks and it was done. I'll let you know how it performs after I shoot and will send you some pictures of his work.

Just went through this decision and went with the M2 24" after talking with Mike at AI. I think whatever platform you go with give Mike a call when your ready to get some work done. Haven't gotten to shoot mine yet but will be delivered in a couple days. He returned my calls and emails faster than anyone else did and talked with me on the phone for a good while helping me decided on a few things. 3 weeks and it was done. I'll let you know how it performs after I shoot and will send you some pictures of his work.

exactly the same experience I have with Mike. His work is exceptional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I went through thiis earlier this year and opted for the M2 and bit the bullet right away and sent it off to Mike Cyrus at Accurate Iron. It was well worth it. To me it would depend on your budget and future plans. I wanted to start with something proven. There were cheaper options, but none as proven and refined as a race M2.

To me the answer was an M2. The only questions were barrel length and who was going to do the work on it.

I went with a 24", which if I were doing it over, would likely now be a 26". I went with an RCI 10 round tube and then added a +2 extension. The RCI stuff is well built, with the 12 round tube length there is little reason to not go with the 26" barrel. The 12 round tube allows an immediate quad load at the start with an 1+8 start.

For a builder I went with Mike Cyrus at Accurate Iron. I am beyond pleased with his work, turnaround time, communication, etc.

My list was Taran Tactical, Benny Hill and Accurate Iron. There are other fine builders out there, this was what I settled on and I don't think you could go wrong with any on my list, but as I said above, I am beyond pleased with MIke at Accurate Iron.

Is there a certain "package" that Mike does or is it more a la carte?

Do you have a link to his contact info? The AI site isn't quite up yet, unless I'm simply inept on the internet.

Do you have a link to his contact info? The AI site isn't quite up yet, unless I'm simply inept on the internet.

Mike@aiguns.com

• 3 months later...

Update

I ended up getting a 26" Benelli M2. Went with the 27 so I can use it as a bird gun as well. Here are my upgrades

Nordic +7 tube

Nordic Barrel Clamp

Nordic Low Drag Follower

Arredondo Carrier Release Tab

Briley extended chokes in light modified and skeet

Taran Tactical lifter

Taran Extended safety

Polished and modified shell catch

Ported and polished loading port done by me

28AEB61D-6495-4AF8-88AF-7C27C2011947_zps

8bf88d6a-97e9-466c-af42-ce857d7b9dd2_zps

A2D56E99-86AC-41A3-8ACC-DEBFFC8A35F3_zps

I have a 1301 and my two buddies run Taran M2s that I have shot a fair amountI . My 1301 seems less finicky about ammo but who really cares once you find what works. The 1301 does a better job at recoil management but there is something smoother and better feeling in the hands about the M2 moving it from target to target. I can't put my finger on what it is though. 1301 is a dead nuts killer with slugs. Like Tony said you can open the 1301 port up plenty and the key is to go forward some (not too far or ugly things can happen).

I really don't think you can go wrong with either although if you pimp it out the M2 will cost you more.