Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Keep hitting the Stock 2 Safety

Malarkey

So i keep accidentally activating my stock 2's safety when i am shooting fast, or mag changes etc. Is there something i can do to increase the tension on the safety? Or do they make a safety that is a smaller/longer profile that makes it harder to hit?

I went to the flat witness style safety on my lim pro, then enlarged the detent to Increase the pressure required to engage the safety.

Works great.

Edited by bpipe95

Grip the gun with your thumb on top of the safety (as it supposed to be gripped) and it will always be off. Unless your thumb is too short, then I don't know what to tell you.. :)

If one has large hands, it is practically impossible to "grip the gun with your thumb on top of the safety (as it supposed to be gripped)". The "thelnar prominence" (the ridge at the bottom of one's palm) of my left hand actually covers the Tanfo safety, not giving room for my right thumb to remain on top of the safety. This allows the safety to be pushed up ever so slightly by my left hand.

The flat Witness safety worked for me.

"Wrong" is such a strong word. :devil: "Different" may be better.

My left hand rides VERY high in my grip, which, combined with my large hands, precludes "riding the safety". I can do it with a 1911, but the Tanfo safety is lower.