Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Howdy from Knoxville, TN

LocoGringo

I've been shooting 3-gun for about 7 years off and on (when work schedule rotates so that I can shoot) in East Tennessee rotating among TAC2 in Greeneville, ORSA in Oak Ridge and CHRPC in Cleveland, TN. I've shot the Rockcastle Pro/Am as a pro in both 2013 and 2014 with consistent finishes to assess where I'm weak against the real pros. I've almost gotten my gear set to where I think I'm ready for the bucket list item of shooting the MGM Ironman and discovered recently that they are planning on starting one in West Virginia called the MGM Ironman East in 2016. I'm aiming for 2017.

My gear is:

Frankenrifle AR-15 with an 18" barrel, Timney trigger, Mega billet upper/lower and MTAC 1.5-6 scope (all a heavy combo, but I'm drinking milk and working out)

Benelli M2 26" barrel with a 10 round Nordic mag tube

Springfield XDm 5.25 in 9mm

and, on the way, a STI Marauder (I funded the Marauder by selling a 1969 Python, so I'm not rich)

I use Invictus Practical caddies for shotgun loading and have a LBV that holds 28 rounds.

I've got to iron out my pistol and will begin loading Black Bullets International 135 grain bullets on a Dillon 550 at some point. I also need to practice loading the shotgun from the vest and need to learn how to break down a large target array shotgun stage. They overwhelm me and I've got to learn how to handle them.

I'm looking for a good holster for the Marauder that will protect it and make an easy draw while remaining secure. I'm leaning towards the Blade-Tech OWB with the Drop/offset tek-lok attachment. Any other ideas to look at? I will also need mag holders for the new magazines. Open to ideas...

Thanks for reading my long introduction.

Welcome to the Forum. I was actually in Knox this past weekend visiting some friends and would have shot the ORSA idpa match if the weather man wasn't such a liar.

Welcome to the forum! Holler at me if you ever have any questions on 3-gun.

My awesome sponsors have given me a bunch of discount codes to share. Hope these help get you going.

Rhino Arms/AP Customs - JTRhino10 - 10%

MGM Targets - JTMGM10 - 10%

Nordic Components - PM me for 7%

J Dewey Cleaning Rods- JTROD10 10%

Optics Planet - TISC556 5%

Optics Planet - PM me for 10%

Taran Tactical Innovations - JBOSSTTI10 10%

Morpheus Fine Watches - JESSE15 15%