Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 link arm pin removal

So what's the secret to removing the link arm pin nuts? I can only ever loosen one side at a time because of the wax ring nuts and the pin doesn't come off unless both nuts are off. What am I missing?

yeah, that's the problem, I need to remove the entire pin so I need to get both nuts off. the link arm & pin won't remove with just one nut off because there is a small channel right next to where the threads end ....

well, I realized that to address my specific issue just taking off one nut from each pin would solve my problem ........ thx

Great, But I love the people that post with more solutions after you solved the problem. :surprise: That is the only smiley that I could find !

• 8 years later...

I'm reviving this topic...

My 650 link arm broke. Messaged Dillon and they are sending me another one. I have started to disassemble, but as noted the nut on the right side (where mine is broken) won't come off.

It's obviously a threaded nut. Is there something keeping it locked in, or do I just need to clamp the shaft down for more bite to get it to turn and break loose?

If anyone has done this I appreciate your input...