Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Loads

Service Desk

I have come into a quantity of VV N310 and N330 along with 10k 115gn HAP projectiles. I have tried the 310 in my 38 Super Bianchi gun and around 4.1 gns seems pretty agreeable with me and the gun.

Any suggestions on the 330 ? , I was using 4.9 to 5.0 gns of 320 and figured that 5.0 gns of 330 would be a safe starting load.

5.2 grains of 330 at 1.080 should get you around 1150-1180 depending on gun. That is my accuracy load that I sold. 5.4 - 5.5 in super at 1.225 does about the same......1 in at 50 depending on gun, etc.

DougC

5.2 grains of 330 at 1.080 should get you around 1150-1180 depending on gun. That is my accuracy load that I sold. 5.4 - 5.5 in super at 1.225 does about the same......1 in at 50 depending on gun, etc.

DougC

Thanks Doug, I will put some together and give them a go on the weekend.

What twist rate are you guys running on your Open guns? I run a 1:16 Lissner with 147's and have never tried lighter pills. It shot tiny groups with those so I haven't tried anything else. New to this Open stuff...

Edited by RippinSVT

Nowlin 1:16 and Holland Precision Barrels (the New Lissner) 1:24. The HPB shoots really well, the Nowlin is more than adequate.

BTW, Tony Lissner never made gain twist, they were all 1:16 Right hand twist, rifled on a Pratt & Whitney single point rifling machine.

They just shoot good and last forever.

Nowlin 1:16 and Holland Precision Barrels (the New Lissner) 1:24. The HPB shoots really well, the Nowlin is more than adequate.

BTW, Tony Lissner never made gain twist, they were all 1:16 Right hand twist, rifled on a Pratt & Whitney single point rifling machine.

They just shoot good and last forever.

Whoops, you are correct. It's the Schuemann that is a gain-twist. The Lissner is a fantastic shooter though, tiny groups.

So anybody trying 147's in 38Super?