Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

W231 / HP-38 Same powder confirmation

7kings

I know that it's fairly well known that W231 and HP-38 are really the same powder, but I've never actually seen anything documented that confirms it, so I sent an email to Hodgdon asking for confirmation and received this reply:

Brian,

Yes they are the same powder we package it for Winchester. You can use the same data.

Mike Van Dyke
Customer Service Representative
Hodgdon Powder Company

Just thought I'd share.

-Brian

Was the entire point of your reply nothing more that to show how little value my original posted information was?

If so, wow.

Yeah I just heard of reloading unlimited myself is this a new store or did I just miss it?

If you look at their prices you will see they are kind of high compared to PV. But they have items in stock so if you are hurting I guess it doesn't matter that much.

WAC 8lbs PV $133 RU $179

CCI SPP PV $26.50 RU $33.99

Was the entire point of your reply nothing more that to show how little value my original posted information was?

If so, wow.

By all means, please contact Hodgdon again and ask them if the two powders are the same, I am confident they will give the same answer they have been giving for the past ten years.

If so, wow.

By all means, please contact Hodgdon again and ask them if the two powders are the same, I am confident they will give the same answer they have been giving for the past ten years.

I must have offended you so much by posting this piece of information that it spun you into a frenzy and forced you to post six references to it yourself. Just take a breath, man.

If you didn't like the post, there was nothing compelling you to reply to it. I'm sure you've never posted anything that hasn't been covered elsewhere before on the internet, right?

I thought I was sharing a piece of information that some might find useful. If you didn't, why not just move along?

It's all good though. Have a good one!

I must have offended you so much by posting this piece of information that it spun you into a frenzy and forced you to post six references to it yourself. Just take a breath, man.

If you didn't like the post, there was nothing compelling you to reply to it. I'm sure you've never posted anything that hasn't been covered elsewhere before on the internet, right?

I thought I was sharing a piece of information that some might find useful. If you didn't, why not just move along?

It's all good though. Have a good one!

Offended? No. Frenzy? No again. I was simply pointing out that you started a thread with information that many would consider "common knowledge" in the reloading community. I believe I am allowed to reply to threads as much as you are allowed to create them.

Take care, I am headed over to a political forum that I just joined to let them know we have the first black president of the United States....

:goof: